Fbct.... Have A Dumb Question...

Decorating By Rhonda19 Updated 21 Apr 2009 , 12:58am by beachcakes

Rhonda19 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 4

I am a little dense here, so I need some help with my first FBCT...

Ok... I get taping the transfer to a board, then start with coloring the design in with frosting.

Then I get confused.....
The tutorial says after the coloring is done to smooth the back, then with the same color frosting as you frost your cake with, edge transfer and frost back completely.

How do you do that?? Am I really being dumb here??

Thanks for the help!
Rhonda

3 replies
beachcakes Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 12:57am
post #2 of 4

I'm guessing that the last part - is if you want to make the entire cake top a FBCT, so it's completely flat instead of a raised transfer sitting on the cake? The few FBCTs I've done, that's how i did them. You color in your image and smooth it inside the confines of the image so you don't get holes or "worms". Then you pipe your background color around the image and fill in to the size of the cake top. Freeze and pop the whole thing on top of the cake. hide the edge with a border.

beachcakes Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 12:58am
post #3 of 4

I'm guessing that the last part - is if you want to make the entire cake top a FBCT, so it's completely flat instead of a raised transfer sitting on the cake? The few FBCTs I've done, that's how i did them. You color in your image and smooth it inside the confines of the image so you don't get holes or "worms". Then you pipe your background color around the image and fill in to the size of the cake top. Freeze and pop the whole thing on top of the cake. hide the edge with a border.

beachcakes Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 12:58am
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%