Misc "adult" Cakes

Decorating By Ayanami Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 6:24pm by snowboarder

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 42

Where do you guys think I should post my cake? I think it needs to be in an "adult" area, but the only adult categories are for human anatomy? My cake is a hand carved "pot leaf". I don't want to just stick anywhere ... what do you think?

41 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 2:24am
post #2 of 42

I think maybe 'gross' cakes? That would be those that could upset some, like toilet cakes, etc. The pot leaf might fit there.
http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&aid=120

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 9:48pm
post #3 of 42

Seriously, you need clarification on where to stick the photo of your pot leaf cake on a family-friendly website?

Jeez.

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 10:20pm
post #4 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanami

Where do you guys think I should post my cake? I think it needs to be in an "adult" area, but the only adult categories are for human anatomy? My cake is a hand carved "pot leaf". I don't want to just stick anywhere ... what do you think?

I searched the galleries for 'marijuana' and found 3 similar cakes in the 'naughty cakes' gallery, so that's where I would put them. HTH.

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 42

I agree that we need a gallery that is adult themed without being just for anatomy. That was a good question about asking where to put it. I would have asked too. It doesn't exactly fit in any of the categories but that isn't one I would want to just put anywhere for all to see as this is a "family-friendly website."

I am not a veteran poster and I am sorry to ruffle any feathers but geez cakepro, give the poor girl a break. At least she did the right thing and asked. She also realized that she shouldn't just stick it out there because she said that in her post. It just didn't really fit into the anatomy section.

Cakepro Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 10:57pm
post #6 of 42

Sorry! Sometimes I get a little annoyed at questions that should either be Googled (as in the case of questions like, "How many teaspoons are in half a cup?") or should be directed toward an admin or moderator (like, "Where should I stick my illegal drug cake?"). icon_biggrin.gif My bad! icon_lol.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:07pm
post #7 of 42

Wow... harsh no? I mean she did ask. There isn't a gallery for something like that so it's a valid question. To me that's a novelty cake... but I'm not offended by stuff like that. If it had popped up in some random gallery some would have been up in arms so kudos for asking Ayanami.

Now clarify for me? Do you not have to be 18 to be a member of this site?

kaykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaykakes Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:11pm
post #8 of 42

just think how boring this world would be if everyone was perfect. I hope I have all the answers and never have to ask anything. It is a shame when people can't say anything nice and seem so quick to be rude

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:15pm
post #9 of 42

Oh I'm with you on the "things that could be googled".. icon_lol.gif

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:15pm
post #10 of 42

There is an other catagory if you go to the galleries and adut themed. But...it is not in the drop down menu to upload your pics. I think it was an oversight. Maybe Heath or jackie can get that fixed.

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:30pm
post #11 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Sorry! Sometimes I get a little annoyed at questions that should either be Googled (as in the case of questions like, "How many teaspoons are in half a cup?") or should be directed toward an admin or moderator (like, "Where should I stick my illegal drug cake?"). icon_biggrin.gif My bad! icon_lol.gif

I think this should be a sticky..lol.

USE GOOGLE PEOPLE! icon_smile.gif

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:34pm
post #12 of 42
Quote:

"Where should I stick my illegal drug cake?" Now that had me laughing! icon_biggrin.gif

Hey, if I could get paid to make my cakes, I would make anything they want! icon_biggrin.gif Heck, I might even wear something pretty and sing "em a tune! I won't even mention what I might do to get the two grand Duff makes! lol Just kidding! icon_lol.gif

patticakesnc Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:39pm
post #13 of 42

Just wondering here but a week or two ago someone posted about a wierd request for a cake. It was a pot leaf and they didn't know about doing it and there were NUMEROUS posts encouraging them to make the cake and that there was nothing wrong with it and even jokes about not putting it in the cake.

Now this is a problem that one is made? What is up with that? I know I will get "fussed" at but really don't care. Anyanami is just asking a question and I think the smart remarks about it is uncalled for.

I have been a member for a long time here and this is the BEST site there is for getting help, tips, and learning things...but unfortunately sometimes it is also the best for getting your head bit off just for asking a question...

On another note....I agree on the google. If you don't know how many teaspoons is in a tablespoon then google it. It would be different if this was an instant message type of situation, but it isn't. It took you longer to post the question and wait for a response then to look it up.

But if it isn't googlable.....ASK AWAY!

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:47pm
post #14 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by patticakesnc

"Googlable" - LOVE IT, Patticakes!! thumbs_up.gif I'm adding it to my dictionary!

JR

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:51pm
post #15 of 42

it is not an "illegal drug cake" unless she made the cake with illegal drugs as an ingredient.

OTHERWISE

it's just a cake in the shape of a plant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:56pm
post #16 of 42

It's ok to make a penis cake and post it on here (in the appropriate area) but a pot leaf is a big no-no? It's not like she came on here trying to sell you pot. She made it for someone who wanted a pot leaf. Maybe they use it for medicinal purposes icon_lol.gif Would it have been better for her to post it under birthday cakes or something like that than to have her ask where we think it should go? ..................... And I also wanted to ask how many cups are in a pint again????? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Just kidding!!!!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:05am
post #17 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

Now clarify for me? Do you not have to be 18 to be a member of this site?

No, only for the "adult" forum. We've had some teens on here...

sweet_teeth Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:12am
post #18 of 42

Just for clarrification.. I wasn't saying 'google where to put the pot leaf'... I was just commenting on the fact that many questions she indeed be googled.

Now for the pot leaf... I would say adult cakes... and I don't think it's a big deal to do one. icon_smile.gif

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:16am
post #19 of 42

Hey, it's totally legal if you have a Dr.'s scrip for it!!! Maybe it was making fun of her glaucoma. Who are we to judge??? And I would LOVE to know what 11 yr old would be offended by a pot leaf cake??? WTH??? And now we aren't allowed to ask for clarification on stuff? I have to GOOGLE it??? OMG! And how the heck is GOOGLE going to help me here? I mean, I have a cake that is a TP roll with "S...T" written on it. I can't really put it anywhere, because it's not nestled between a pair of boobs. So I'm glad she asked.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:16am
post #20 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by patticakesnc

Just wondering here but a week or two ago someone posted about a wierd request for a cake. It was a pot leaf and they didn't know about doing it and there were NUMEROUS posts encouraging them to make the cake and that there was nothing wrong with it and even jokes about not putting it in the cake.

Now this is a problem that one is made? What is up with that? I know I will get "fussed" at but really don't care. Anyanami is just asking a question and I think the smart remarks about it is uncalled for.

I have been a member for a long time here and this is the BEST site there is for getting help, tips, and learning things...but unfortunately sometimes it is also the best for getting your head bit off just for asking a question...

On another note....I agree on the google. If you don't know how many teaspoons is in a tablespoon then google it. It would be different if this was an instant message type of situation, but it isn't. It took you longer to post the question and wait for a response then to look it up.

I will confess that I'm confused about the big deal over a plant cake too and I have to wonder how people who would be upset by an image of a plant get through life. Do those people blindfold their kids every time they go to the mall?

I wouldn't worry about kids seeing it, if they're little they won't know what it is and by the time they're old enough to know what the image is they're old enough that you NEED to be talking to them about that stuff.

I know for a fact, because I just tested him, that my 10 year old can't identify it without a label and he knows what pot is from school drug education and us talking to him.

I do tend to be more forgiving about people who ask questions because I know people who have trouble doing alot of things on the computer. My MIL types www.whatevershe'ssearchingfor.com into the search box. It's entirely possible that there are people on here who have been set up by a friend or family member but have trouble searching.[/img]

sweet_teeth Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:20am
post #21 of 42

Who was offended by the pot leaf? I'm certainly not offended by a pot leaf icon_smile.gif

And agaaaaaaain.. the google thing was more of a little joke from a PM earlier to cakeboss.. it had nothing to do w/ this post. It was out of context.. but we all get off topic sometimes icon_smile.gif

luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscakes Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:31am
post #22 of 42

I'm just wondering when I get to see this cake?
And I think it is a very valid question- no one should have answered her question with a post like that.
We are here to help each other and something that "seems" obvious to one of us might be not so obvious to someone else. Even if it is a question about measurements. That's the joy of this board!
I can hope I even have some wisdom on something meager to pass along, and I likewise hope others have wisdom on things that I have no knowledge or skill about.
I think this poor girl needs an apology.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 1:02am
post #23 of 42

mommyle, I'd put the sh1t cake down in gross cakes too.

patticakesnc Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 1:58am
post #24 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandrabill

Who was offended by the pot leaf? I'm certainly not offended by a pot leaf icon_smile.gif

And agaaaaaaain.. the google thing was more of a little joke from a PM earlier to .. it had nothing to do w/ this post. It was out of context.. but we all get off topic sometimes icon_smile.gif

It isn't you that posted implying the offense of her cake.

mbelgard :
Too funny...the mall...'cause it's true!
Do you know I bought my husband a few South Pole Tshirts from JC Penny and I had NO IDEA they have pot leaves on the design. I never would have imagined at Pennys would you find that but YEPPERS, right there on his chest there it was.

And you know if you walk in Spencers or Hot Topic...it's every where.

I personally do NOT get offended by it. They are getting ready to legalize it anyway so they can tax it.

I don't smoke pot or cigarettes, don't drink, don't party or anything, but I am also not offended by it. It is a plant.....

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 2:33am
post #25 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanami

We don't really have a specific area for a pot cake, although we do have ones for smoking/alcohol themed cakes.

For now I would put it in the MISC->Other Cakes then just fill in a good title, description and keywords so that others will be able to find it when searching

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 2:36am
post #26 of 42

honestly, I would be fine with sticking it in Birthday cakes or themed cakes somewhere, but that is just me. I completely understand that not everyone is as liberal and, hey, I'm deffinantly on the younger edge of CC (fiddle called me the "baby of CC" haha!) and I'm from an area of N. California where drugs are, well, abundant to say the least. Pot isn't a big deal to me, so I wouldn't put it in Adult cakes. But then again, I'm also in favor of leagalizing it (tax it and stop the drug wars at the boarder).
Regardless, I think everyone can agree that the cake is just fine so long as there isn't actually pot IN the cake. And that certainly wasn't implied by the OP, so I think it's safe icon_smile.gif

dennettesdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dennettesdelectables Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 2:44am
post #27 of 42

that's so funny, b/c I just looked up and favorited all the pot leaf cakes today...
My husband loves Cheech and Chong, so for Father's Day, I want to do a Cheech and Chong Movie marathon and make him a pot leaf cake or something of the sorts..
now don't you think that if Charm City Cakes was asked to do a cake for a Cheech and chong reunion or something like that, they would and there would be pot all over it..and that is broadcasting it out there to the world, not just us CC ers...
I would say put it under misc. naughty cakes, I think that is where the others were located,
and as far as this being a family friendly site, I think that if you are allowed to post the siloutte of a naked man w/ a huge penis sticking out of his speedos...then a pot leaf is no more offensive..I mean have you ever heard of a penis being used medicinally for the deathly ill..I think not...and as long as she is putting it in the appropriate area it shouldn't be a problem.

and as far as I can tell, she was asking as to prevent an "hu-bub" about not having it in an appropriate area and this being a family friendly site..

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 4:02am
post #28 of 42

Heyyyy.... If you had MY DH the siloutte of a naked man w/ a huge penis sticking out of his speedos, is TOTALLY medicinal!!! HAHHAHAHAHHAAAAA!!!! But seriously.... If I were on my deathbed and someone offered me the proper drugs or a brand new, experimental therapy with Chocolate Man to get better, I'd totally go for Chocolate man!!!!

Cakepro Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 4:34am
post #29 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandmollie

Quote:

"Where should I stick my illegal drug cake?" Now that had me laughing! icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you for bring the lone person (apparently) to see the humor in my remark. icon_biggrin.gif

Man, some of you girls really have had your panties put in a twist! LOL I guess when there's no one around to beat for stealing cake pics, people have to nitpick about something. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

CHILLAX, chickies! Some of you really need a toke. The assumptions made by some of you are somethin' else. icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif

dennettesdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dennettesdelectables Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 3:47pm
post #30 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyle

Heyyyy.... If you had MY DH the siloutte of a naked man w/ a huge penis sticking out of his speedos, is TOTALLY medicinal!!! HAHHAHAHAHHAAAAA!!!! But seriously.... If I were on my deathbed and someone offered me the proper drugs or a brand new, experimental therapy with Chocolate Man to get better, I'd totally go for Chocolate man!!!!

haha, that's funny b/c as I was typing I am thinking the same thing, but I didn't want to rub it in anyone's(less fortunate) face

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%