Gumpaste Flower Classes

Decorating By bostonterrierlady Updated 12 Apr 2010 , 2:00am by Sweet_Guys

bostonterrierlady Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 5

I live in Boise, Idaho. I have been mostly sef taught in cake decorating. I am a hobbyist. I would like to take a class for making gumpaste flowers. Do you know any close to this area? Do you know of any in Portland, Oregon. Have a chance to go there in June. I have 3 dvds but I am still struggling. I am a cake decorator who lives in the past. I only like buttercream cakes. But want to learn gumpaste flowers.

4 replies
Sugarflowers Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 5

Sorry I can't help you. I'll give you a bump.

If you ever come to the Dallas, TX area, look me up and we'll see what we can do.

Michele

rejab7777 Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 5

Did you attend classes at Michael's Store?

PattyT Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 5

Is there a university, college or culinary school in your area? If they have culinary classes - especially pastry, they may offer gumpaste flower classes.

I took one a couple of years ago at The Restaurant School in Philly. They offer "community" classes to the public on weekends and evenings. It was fun.

Sweet_Guys Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 2:00am
post #5 of 5

Are you on Facebook?! If so, contact Kelly Lance. Tell her that Paul Caswell from Florida recommended you contact her. She is in Oregon, but I haven't looked up where she is in relation to Portland. She is a dynamite teacher and has done some really talented things.

Paul

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%