Green Gooo??

Decorating By CakeandDazzle Updated 21 Apr 2009 , 6:18pm by tthardy78

CakeandDazzle  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 9

I would really like to make this cake i have this weekend ozzz green goo when its sliced... Anyone have any ideas?? Please and thank you!!

8 replies
 bbmom  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 9

How about filling it with vanilla pudding that you've died green? You dont show a picture so not sure of the shape you could take the bottom layer-make it thicker than top and kind of make a trough-scoop out some of the cake evenly leaving a wall, then crumb coat it so the pudding doesnt absorb, fill with the green pudding and top with the top layer.

vonnie99  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:46pm
post #3 of 9

Well, my nephew and I made cupcakes that oozed green goo - we filled them with vanilla pudding that we had colored green...don't know if that helps....

patticakesnc  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 9

Green pudding maybe? Or could you do like a molten cake and make a ganache but color it green.

melhoneybee  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melhoneybee Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:56pm
post #5 of 9

If you don't want to worry about it being shelf-stable, how about taking a light colored jam (like apricot, marmalade, peach, etc.) and coloring that green! You could put a ton of it between layers with a jam dam and it will stay in there until you cut and then...BLOB!!!!

brincess_b  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 8:14pm
post #6 of 9

james martin, a celeb chef in the uk, made something with some kind of green tea weird flavour ganache inside chocolate sponge thing. a bit vague, but it sprang to my mind!
xx

CakeandDazzle  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 11:07pm
post #7 of 9

The cake is for a shrek themed cake. It will be a 6 and 8 in rounds.... I like the green pudding idea, but would it come out enough?? I would be afraid to make it too loose that it would absorb in the cake, i guess if it was extremley thick i would work?

vonnie99  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:16am
post #8 of 9

The cupcakes I made were goopy enough without being a total mess - the nine year old boys loved them.

tthardy78  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tthardy78 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 6:18pm
post #9 of 9

I made a skull that oozed green and a heart that oozed red, I used piping gel and colored. Then just poked holes in the cake with a tip and piped it in, the birthday boy said it oozed all over. Hope that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%