Green Gooo??

Decorating By CakeandDazzle Updated 21 Apr 2009 , 6:18pm by tthardy78

CakeandDazzle Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 9

I would really like to make this cake i have this weekend ozzz green goo when its sliced... Anyone have any ideas?? Please and thank you!!

8 replies
bbmom Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 9

How about filling it with vanilla pudding that you've died green? You dont show a picture so not sure of the shape you could take the bottom layer-make it thicker than top and kind of make a trough-scoop out some of the cake evenly leaving a wall, then crumb coat it so the pudding doesnt absorb, fill with the green pudding and top with the top layer.

vonnie99 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:46pm
post #3 of 9

Well, my nephew and I made cupcakes that oozed green goo - we filled them with vanilla pudding that we had colored green...don't know if that helps....

patticakesnc Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 9

Green pudding maybe? Or could you do like a molten cake and make a ganache but color it green.

melhoneybee Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:56pm
post #5 of 9

If you don't want to worry about it being shelf-stable, how about taking a light colored jam (like apricot, marmalade, peach, etc.) and coloring that green! You could put a ton of it between layers with a jam dam and it will stay in there until you cut and then...BLOB!!!!

brincess_b Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 8:14pm
post #6 of 9

james martin, a celeb chef in the uk, made something with some kind of green tea weird flavour ganache inside chocolate sponge thing. a bit vague, but it sprang to my mind!
xx

CakeandDazzle Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 11:07pm
post #7 of 9

The cake is for a shrek themed cake. It will be a 6 and 8 in rounds.... I like the green pudding idea, but would it come out enough?? I would be afraid to make it too loose that it would absorb in the cake, i guess if it was extremley thick i would work?

vonnie99 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:16am
post #8 of 9

The cupcakes I made were goopy enough without being a total mess - the nine year old boys loved them.

tthardy78 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 6:18pm
post #9 of 9

I made a skull that oozed green and a heart that oozed red, I used piping gel and colored. Then just poked holes in the cake with a tip and piped it in, the birthday boy said it oozed all over. Hope that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%