Help With Tiki Bar.

Decorating By bk111057 Updated 21 Apr 2009 , 5:13pm by sunlover00

bk111057 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bk111057 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone know how I can make a tiki bar on a half sheet cake? I have to make a birthday cake and she wants something with the tiki bar on it/ hawaiian theme. I am trying to figure out how to make something like this and need your help. Please help.

4 replies
SweetMelissa2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetMelissa2007 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 5

Do you want to do a 3D tiki bar? What if you just do a couple of rectangular layers on top of each other to form the bar section then use gumpaste/fondant to make a roof and supports (one on each side and maybe one in the middle). Do the gumpaste/fondant ahead of time so it hardens. Then you can roll out pieces of gumpaste fondant in long snakes to look like straw and put them on top of the roof. HTH.

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 12:31am
post #3 of 5

Another thought on the roof would be to cut out gum paste leaves and cut them like they do on the gum paste palm trees (see the gallery for palm trees), but do yours in a tan or cream to simulate dead palm branches.

ThisNameInUse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThisNameInUse Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 3:48am
post #4 of 5

I saw a roof with Mini Wheats cereal for the thatch roof and it looked really good.

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 5:13pm
post #5 of 5

You could also incorporate those straw cookies that are chocolate and/or green to do the walls of the hut.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%