Are Sharp Sticks In Cookie Bouquets A Problem????

Baking By Cookies4kids Updated 21 Apr 2009 , 8:48pm by luv2bake6

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 6:26pm
post #1 of 5

I have been doing cookie bouquets for childrens birthday parties.They use them as a centerpiece and the kids all get to take a cookie out of the bunch before they head home. I use the long sticks from WalMart and they really have a sharp pointed end that I push up into the cookies. I began to wonder if they could be a problem for little children, and all the lawsuits these days.
Has anyone had a bad experience with these and is this what everyone else uses.
Thanks for your input.

4 replies
kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 5

If I ever need to use skewers, I put the blunt end into the cookie and use the pointed end to push into the styrofoam, or just cut it off with clean utility sissors. Better to be safe.

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 5

I started to use skewers because I liked the size. But that thought also occurred to me. So I just use the regular cookie pop stick now.

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 2:37am
post #4 of 5

I sometimes use the skewers too but always cut the sharp tip off. Sometimes you get a few stray fibers that stick out if you cut the end off but they easily peel off leaving the stick smooth again. And I always stick the more blunt end into the cookie.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 5

I did the same with cutting off the sharp end and using that part to stick into the foam. But i stopped using them cuz i though the cookies needed more support to help them stand?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%