Plz Help Me Decide

Baking By shell62995 Updated 1 May 2009 , 8:00pm by cylstrial

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 11

I need to come up w/ a nice way to package cupcakes for a great american bake sale. I dont want to spend lots but the container need to be see tru to show off all my work and to make ppl want to buy them. I thought of going to Sams and buy clear cups and lids. Then i saw these in another post.
http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&ShopId=38&CatId=629&SubCatId=1743&productId=634838
.41 a peice doesnt seem that bad. Is it?
Should i buy jumbo so i can make sure there is plenty of room for swirls and flowers on top?
thanks!

10 replies
pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 11

41 cents each sound like a lot. What about those little plastic sundae cups like they have at DQ?

scoutmamma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoutmamma Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 11

i find really good prices at this place...

http://www.plasticcontainercity.com/Bakery-Packaging.htm

HTH!

goldenegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goldenegg Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 11

oooooh i think i can get some use out of that link too, thanks scoutmamma icon_biggrin.gif

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 11

I use a clear 9oz. cup and domed lid to send home individual cupcakes with my grandkids. No mess in the car. I buy mine from Smart&Final, but they have similar ones at plastic container city for 28 cents each. As you can see you can add quite a bit of icing or decoration.
LL

EyeCandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EyeCandy Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:50pm
post #6 of 11

I think .71 cents a container is a bit steep too considering they are just going to get tossed right out. You're better off with something cheaper and use that extra money for cupcake supplies, decorations, ingredients, etc.

I love the containers posted above me, I may look into getting some of those! Thanks for sharing the picture and store.

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 2:08pm
post #7 of 11

thanks everyone! I was thinking I would need one w/ a flat lid and put the cupcake on the lid and the cup over the cupcake. That way it would be easier to get the cuppie out. I remember awhile back when there was a thread about packaging cupcakes...............

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 7:03pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell62995

thanks everyone! I was thinking I would need one w/ a flat lid and put the cupcake on the lid and the cup over the cupcake. That way it would be easier to get the cuppie out. I remember awhile back when there was a thread about packaging cupcakes...............

I just bought a cupcake at a bakery for the first time today. It came in a clear plastic sundae type cup with the a store sticker on the lid. Very cute, but...when I got home it was impossible to get it out with out getting icing all over my fingers. I had to tip the cup sideways and sorta shake the cupcake out.

SliceTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SliceTheCake Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 4:17am
post #9 of 11

There is a store here that uses nice big plastic containers/cups (think the kind you can buy pre-cut fruit in for example) with solid lids, and you put the bottom of the cupcake on the lid and invert the cup over it so the cup turns into the lid and the lid is the base.

l_m_mena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l_m_mena Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 5:25am
post #10 of 11

I have used these containers, which are great because you bake in them and then just decorate the top and put the lid on. The one drawback is that you need to hand out a spoon to eat them.

I am not sure where to find them in the US, but in Puerto Rico we can find them at most cake supplies stores.
LL

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 1 May 2009 , 8:00pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceTheCake

There is a store here that uses nice big plastic containers/cups (think the kind you can buy pre-cut fruit in for example) with solid lids, and you put the bottom of the cupcake on the lid and invert the cup over it so the cup turns into the lid and the lid is the base.

That's a really good idea! Then you don't have to worry about how you're going to get the cupcake out in one piece!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%