Banana Pudding Filling

Decorating By THECAKEPLACE Updated 20 Apr 2009 , 4:34pm by THECAKEPLACE

THECAKEPLACE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THECAKEPLACE Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 4

Why do I need to add anything to my pudding? I want to use pudding as my cake filling but i see many recipes that call for whipped cream or heavy cream, can I just make the recipe on the box for pie filling? ( it ask for less milk) I would think that the pie filling would hold up fine. Can I just follow the recipe on the box or do I have to add something extra?
thanks in advance

3 replies
LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 4

hmmm, I think as long as you dam it would be fine. I like the texture of the pudding when you make it with whipping cream and it tastes so good. But I think you could leave a bit of milk out and it will be thicker.

My advice would be to make sure the filling is very well set up before you put it in the cake.

I've used pudding cups as cake filling before and those are just as thick as boxed filling.

jayberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayberry Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:34pm
post #3 of 4

You can totally just use the pie filling recipe it will work just fine and it comes out thick. But if you ever experiment try the recipes adding already whipped cream or heavy cream it adds a difference and is super yummy too! Either way your good!

THECAKEPLACE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THECAKEPLACE Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 4

Cool thank you so much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%