Desperate Help Needed For Edible Image Cake

Decorating By cakesbycathy Updated 20 Apr 2009 , 6:01pm by idjitmom

cakesbycathy Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 3

Please help!!
I have only done one other cake with an edible image before so I am at a loss for this one...
My client wants a cake to look like it is covered in bubble wrap. The original plan was for her to purchase an edible image to go on top of the cake (it is an 8" square) and then I was going to do an impression mat on the side.

Apparently wherever she found to do the image for her told her that
1 - if they print the image fresh it will be pliable and I can bend it to go around the whole cake.
2- you can cut the images

Are either of these statements accurate?
Apparently now she wants to purchase sheets for me to put all over the cake (top and sides).
Any help here is really, really appreciated.

2 replies
renee2007 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 3

yes, you can do edible images all around the cake. If you look at my pics there is a black and white one that is called rollerblade skateboard cake and I used edible images all around the cake. hth icon_smile.gif

idjitmom Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 6:01pm
post #3 of 3

Yes, you can cut them. Maybe have the ones for the sides printed in strips the appropriate heighth? That makes things at least a bit easier.. Just make sure she's aware that there will be seams with this method - probably not that big of a deal w/ bubble wrap lol, but at least she won't be surprised.

Quote by @%username% on %date%