Topys Turvy Cake

Decorating By abayes Updated 20 Apr 2009 , 7:50pm by Teekakes

abayes Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 6

can you make a topsy turvy cake frosted only with buttercream with fondant accents or does it have to be covered in fondant then decorated have a bride that want the accents but not totally covered and i have not done but two topsy turvy cakes before,

5 replies
brincess_b Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 6

yes, they can be done in all bc.
xx

psurrette Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:57pm
post #3 of 6

All my topsy turvys have been done in buttercream and fodant accents so it certainly can be done

Teekakes Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 6

I just made a large buttercream Topsy Turvy with fondant accents, you can see it here, http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1346468

Before I stacked the middle tier onto the bottom tier, I placed the middle tier into the freezer for about 30 minutes to freeze the buttercream solid. This makes it easy to handle without messing up the buttercream while stacking it onto the bottom tier. Freeze the top tier before stacking it on the middle tier too.
Just work quickly because the bc does thaw out fast.
Once you have the tiers stacked the rest is easy! icon_smile.gif

abayes Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 6:19pm
post #5 of 6

another question do you cut the hole to stack like on the demo or just stack it on the next tier I had one tier fall apart when I cut a hole like demo when stacking the next one it fell and took part of the bottom tier with it . I dowel them then put a dowel all the way through all tiers Im so scared now to do the next one and 1 have an order for one in 4 weeks do you take the cake all stacked or put it together at site

Teekakes Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:50pm
post #6 of 6

I cut the holes........makin a flat surface to set the next tier into. Also, I use the fat Bubble Tea Straws for my supports.......no central dowel of any kind. My Topsy cake was extremely stable doing it this way too.
icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%