Last Cake Standing...who Saw?

Decorating By Michelle104 Updated 20 Apr 2009 , 10:54pm by Win

Michelle104 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:05pm
post #1 of 12

Who saw the world that Bronwen hand sculpted the continents onto in minutes??? I think she did an amazing job!!! It looked so so good!! Was she using a stiff paint brush to mold the continents into the fondant? Did anyone see this?

11 replies
foxymomma521 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 12

I thought she just used her fingers... maybe I missed something?

Michelle104 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 12

She was using her fingers but she also had this tool thing that looked like a paint brush maybe with a rubber tip on it or something???

SueW Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 12

I saw it! That was amaing how she did all that freehand. She is a true talent! I hope she wins icon_biggrin.gif

melodyscakes Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:53pm
post #5 of 12

out of the 3 final ladies, I'm not sure who is going to win.
I love all their styles.
I loved the hippo cake, and loved the fairy that Mary made.
and Boween is amazing.

it looks like they make cakes at there own shops next week, or they have to travel with them for some reason. looks sooooo good!

TheMightyQuinn Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 8:17pm
post #6 of 12

I was so sad when James went home =( I was cheering for him the whole time!

Michelle104 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 9:55pm
post #7 of 12

i really love James' piping skills! Amazing!! And I agree with you Melody! All 3 that are left have strong should be good!!! Can't wait!

crazymommyof3 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 10:04pm
post #8 of 12

I haven't had a chance to watch this, but I see there will be a marathon on next Sunday. I'm so there!

bethola Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 10:18pm
post #9 of 12

The tool she used to sculpt the continents looks like the tool I use when I oil paint to blend edges together. It does have a rubber tip. It was truly amazing to watch her do this. She did that technique in what I THINK was her first ever challenge. Did a REALLY COOL jack o lantern!

May the BEST Cake Artist Win!

Beth in KY

sweetjan Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 10:19pm
post #10 of 12

For what you could see on camera, Bronwen did 90% of the continents with her fingers. They showed her using a little tool here and there, but it didn't seem like much use of that.
Yeah, James is a doll. Would love to spend time with him; he seems like a very genuine person.
My votes are for Bronwen, just because. But I'm becoming a big fan of Courtney, and boy, is she talented!!!!!!!!!

madgeowens Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 10:37pm
post #11 of 12

Bronwen is the best cake artist consistantly. It looked to me like she had a tool but opted to use her fingers....I was blown away with her doing alll the continents and then she walked over to take over for James and make a face in the hero, I mean she is amazing. I so hope she wins. thumbs_up.gif

Win Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 10:54pm
post #12 of 12

I love Bronwen. I'm rooting for her. She is so incredibly gifted. Mary is my second choice. I'm not sure why Bronwen's and James' cake didn't win. It had so much more going for it (IMHO.) I know, I know --Mary's glowed. It seems to me that Bronwen and James always fall into the "ugly stepchild" category and are judged so harshly. I hated to see James go... he is such a gentle soul. They all have talent up to their eyeballs, that's for sure!

Quote by @%username% on %date%