The Best Icing In The World

Baking By STLGIRL Updated 25 Apr 2009 , 4:43am by patticakesnc

STLGIRL Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:54pm
post #1 of 6

I grew up (60's)in a small area of Tampa FL called Clair Mel City. There was a little bakery right next to the 7Eleven that had the best icing in the world. I have never had any like it since, they would decorate their cakes with it and it was kind of a marshmallow icing. Does anyone have any idea what they could have used, I am sure that it was not a cooked icing, but it was beautiful and very tasty. Tampa always seems to have very unique and very good food. By the way I am new to the site and can't stay off of it, made my first cake yesterday. icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
Rylan Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 10:46am
post #2 of 6

I have no idea. I think I would have to taste it.

Rylan Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 10:52am
post #3 of 6

Btw, congratulations with your first cake =]

Susie53 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 11:00am
post #4 of 6

Hi there and welcome to Cake Central! icon_smile.gif

STLGIRL Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 4:31am
post #5 of 6

Thank you for the congrats and welcome, I was beginning to think that I was invisible. I really do wish you could taste it, it was very unique and to die for. I can't imagine that they would have been the only people with the recipe.

patticakesnc Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 4:43am
post #6 of 6

Hi and Welcome to CC. I would be interested in knowing this as well. I had someone ask me about a light marshmallowy icing as well one time and I wasn't sure what they were talking about. But I do have a very old cookbook that might have something in it. I will check. The only other thing I can think of is this
It is a meringue frosting. Let me know if this is something like what you are thinking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%