First Time Carving Cake...

Decorating By lostincake Updated 20 Apr 2009 , 2:06pm by lostincake

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 9:09am
post #1 of 3

I was SO stressing about having to do a carved cake LOL. My DS asked for this cake when he saw RobC8kz's photo when we were surfing CC one day together.

He has asked me about it for the last 4 months or so since we saw it. As he keeps asking me, I keep thinking "oh, I hope it ends up ok". Then I wonder, will I be able to do it when it's time? And on and on the doubts but the whole time I want to give him what he wants and I'm thinking the least I can do is try.

So I am so relieved after it's all said and done! It is not perfect by any means - lines could be straighter, the BC could use LOTS more work (but I ran out of time & was tired of it at that point lol).

And best of all...DS was so excited that he had the biggest grin on his face and was jumping up and down when he saw it!

Thanks to CC for all the great info that helped make it easier (and made me think I could do it in the first place lol) and for the inspirations!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1350261

I'm just SO flippin' happy I didn't disappoint DS and he was happy icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 9:27am
post #2 of 3

Wow! That is awesome! I can see why Colin was jumping up and down when he saw it! I wish I could make a cake that well!

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:06pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks Melnick! Although I don't know what you're talking about because I think your cakes are great, especially the McQueen one which you did a great job carving!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%