Wasc Recipe From Scratch?

Baking By Jocasta Updated 20 Apr 2009 , 10:39pm by Larkin121

Jocasta Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:47am
post #1 of 4

I've found the recipe for WASC but the recipes I've found all include "box cake mix" in the recipe. Are there any recipes floating around without this and just the raw ingredients?

TIA

3 replies
brincess_b Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 8:34am
post #2 of 4

Wasc is a box mix recipe. theres a thread that was up the other day about scratch bakers favourite recipe (mine is a victoria sponge) if you search for it you will get some good recipes from it.
xx

Jocasta Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks - so I can just use a basic sponge recipe? Cool. I didn't know if that part of the mix had to be dry lol! Excellent - will have to give this a go soon as I've heard great things about this cake!

Larkin121 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 10:39pm
post #4 of 4

I've just been reading all about the gourmet flavors with WASC and don't like the box mix either. I tried one with it and it still tastes like box mix to me. I asked about it and someone mentioned a basic yellow cake recipe she uses and replaces the liquid with whatever flavor (juice yogurt, etc) she wants. I then went and found a really good white cake recipe and I'll be trying that.

i don't think you can use the exact WASC recipe as written with every scratch recipe. Like, with my white cake recipe, there is no oil, so it would be strange to me to add oil to that recipe. But you can always replace the liquid called for with another liquid or sour cream or yogurt in whatever flavor you want. Juice concentrate works well for a strong flavor! I will be experimenting to see if you can add the same extra flour, sugar, and sour cream to something other than a box.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%