Hockey Theme Babyshower Help!!!!!

Decorating By metweety6 Updated 5 May 2009 , 11:45pm by metweety6

metweety6 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:06am
post #1 of 10

Ok everyone I need you all to put your thinking caps on icon_smile.gif . I am stuck.
I have to make a baby shower cake that is due April 24th.
I like normal cute baby cakes.. those are easy..I have been browsing to get some ideas.
So here is my problem.
She wants a hockey theme cake.
I was thinking of making a crib with the hockey sticks as legs and the boston Bruins logo on the 2 sides of the crib.
Can you all picture that??
So know i am trying to figure out what size pan that I should use to put it on and what kind of decor to put around the cake..
If it was an all sports theme i would be fine.
But it is not.
So I hope you all understand what kind of help i am asking for..
Any Ideas would be great..
Thanks for you help[/i]

9 replies
TheMightyQuinn Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:09am
post #2 of 10

That crib sounds adorable! How bout a jersey onesie for some extra decor?
Same team as the crib of course.

HtH any!

I'm doing a luau baby shower cake for the 6th of may. my babyshower was baby themed LOL so much easier hehee

FeGe_Cakes Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:14am
post #3 of 10

You could do a cute tiered baby shower cake..with a baby on top holding a hockey stick. And the cake in team colors.

patticakesnc Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:20am
post #5 of 10

Maybe a little baby fondant figure wearing a hockey onsie holding a hockey stick missing its front teeth LOL.....jk on the teeth thing.

metweety6 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 5:06pm
post #6 of 10

yes i was already thinking of putting the baby on the cake .which he will be in the crib. and i will be makng teddy bears to go on it too. I was just looking for an idea for the bottom layers of the cake.
In which the crib will be put on.
OHHHH...I just came up with an idea.. lets see can anyone picture this.
A sheet cake with the crib on it will be the babys room with the hockey floor with the team logo on it. For a toy box it will be the goalie net. How does that sound ??
got anymore ideas ..
thanks for the help your all great.. thumbs_up.gif

scoutmamma Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 5:25pm
post #7 of 10

ok, my DH is a hockey NUT!!!, so here goes... use a hockey jersey for the blanket in the crib, then put a goalie mask on one of the teddy bears... you could even put a zamboni in there somewhere!!! that would be too cute. Good luck, hope to see pic's!

sully149 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 5:51pm
post #8 of 10

make the base of the cake out of round cake and decorate it as a hockey puck

cakes22 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 4:33pm
post #9 of 10

The Stanley Cup with a baby in the bowl........
Covers the hockey & baby theme.

metweety6 Posted 5 May 2009 , 11:45pm
post #10 of 10

hi thanks for all the tips. i just uploaded the cake picture for everyone to see.. enjoy

Quote by @%username% on %date%