Cupcake Advice

Decorating By adawndria Updated 22 Apr 2009 , 7:08pm by adawndria

adawndria Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:31am
post #1 of 7

I'm making cupcakes for a couples shower I'm co-hosting. We want to decorate them with the letter "B" for the combined last name. I don't want to buy a chocolate mold, nor do I want to pipe Bs on each cupcake. Any ideas for picks or other ways to get the intial on there?

Thanks and God Bless!

6 replies
brincess_b Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:30pm
post #2 of 7

roll out a rope of fondant/ gumpaste/ a mix and make a B. nice and easy, shouldnt take too long.
xx

patticakesnc Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:49pm
post #3 of 7

Why don't you pipe it in royal icing and then you can put it on the cupcake laying down, or standing up.

KKristy Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:51pm
post #4 of 7

If you have alphabet letter cutters, you could cut the 'B's out of fondant.

cupcakemkr Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by patticakesnc

Why don't you pipe it in royal icing and then you can put it on the cupcake laying down, or standing up.

this can also be done with chocolate melts, which come in many different colors

punkinpie Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:01pm
post #6 of 7

You can make a B using this method.

http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/05/wow-your-mom-on-mothers-day.html

You could print out a cute or pretty letter B on the computer a whole bunch of times in the right size and then cover it with wax or parchment paper. If you put them in the freezer or fridge to harden, be careful not to touch them until they are at room temperature or you will leave fingerprints on them.

I usually use a piping bag instead of a squeeze bottle, but I imagine my way makes much more of a mess!

adawndria Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 7:08pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone! These are all really great ideas! Now I just have to pick one! Thank you for relieving my brain block!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%