Spaghetti Guitar Strings?

Decorating By The_Sugar_Fairy Updated 24 Apr 2009 , 1:00pm by crisseyann

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:29am
post #1 of 8

Hey! I have to make a Hannah Montanna electric guitar this week and I'm curious how to make the strings really straight. I've heard of making the strings out of spaghetti. How is this done? Is the spaghetti covered in icing? If so, how? Are electric guitar springs light brown like spaghetti. Please help. Thanks!

7 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:59am
post #2 of 8

I made an electric bass guitar using spaghetti for strings. I dry dusted them with silver lustre dust before applying to the cake. Super easy. HTH. icon_smile.gif
LL

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:10am
post #3 of 8

Oh Gosh~~~wish I had seen this last night. I made a hanna montana guitar cake and my strings were horrible!!!! I just did b/c but my tip was bigger so they came out bad. Its in my photos.

I should have know....lol

merciermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
merciermom Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:23am
post #4 of 8

i used floral wire for my guitar that i made. and dusted them with luster dust.

hensor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hensor Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 3:56pm
post #5 of 8

I used dry spagetti noodles and painted them with a brush with black coloring. Hope it helps. It is posted on my pictures.

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 11:40am
post #6 of 8

Hey! I've painted the spaghetti with edible silver paint. They look great until they dry because they kind of warp. Any ideas on how to fix this. I may end up just using silver floral wire, but I'd prefer to have everything on the cake edible. I'm finishing it this afternoon. Thanks!

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 11:54am
post #7 of 8

I made a guitar cake for a friends son (in my photos) and I extruded the strings with a clay gun. It took some time because its a small hole you have to use but it was worth it. they were wonderful. I would suggest mixing a bit of shortening into the fondant before loading the gun, it just makes it come out a bit easier.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 1:00pm
post #8 of 8

DRY dust with silver lustre dust. No warping, works great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%