Help With Tiny Gift Box Cakes

Decorating By misslibertysmom Updated 19 Apr 2009 , 9:56pm by funbun

misslibertysmom Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:32pm
post #1 of 4

Hello All,
I have an order this weekend for those tiny gift box cakes, where you cut a sheetcake into squares and each one is individually covered in fondant.
I am DREADING it, and wondering if anyone has any hints to make it less daunting, I am picturing that
I bake the cakes, fill them, etc.
Ice the top, than cut into squares, come back and ice the sides (ugh) than cover them one by one in fondant, anything I am missing to speed up the process?
Thanks for any help in advance!

3 replies
Cakepro Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 4

Egads, I hope you charged like $10 apiece for them. I don't have any advice for you, but I completely understand why you are filled with dread.

Hopefully people with really helpful hints will chime in and provide some shortcuts or just moral support. icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck!!

imamommy1205 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 9:34pm
post #3 of 4

I would fill them, then cut, then frost the individual boxes..I guess lol. I have never made them, but if I did that is what I would attempt. I wish I had some better advice for ya.

funbun Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 9:56pm
post #4 of 4

I would cut them all first and then stick them in the freezer for an hour of so and then use an icer tip to cover them in buttercream. HTH icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%