Need Help For A Multiple Teacher Babyshower !!!!!!!!

Decorating By JawdroppingCakes Updated 24 Apr 2009 , 12:49am by terrylee

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 18

I need major helping here....I have been contacted by my daughters' school for ideas about a babyshower for six teachers. They have promised me that they will give me the order but they want to see some ideas on Tuesday afternoon. The babyshower will be on May 15th. The lady basically told me that they wanted one big cake for them to have during the babyshower and then six small individual cakes for them to take home to eat with their families. I have no idea what to make or what ideas to give them. Can anyone with any ideas please help...thanks in advance.

17 replies
JawdroppingCakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 18

Can anyone help?

sarahturtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahturtle Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 18

You could make baby blocks for the individual cakes.

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 18

Ok, why not make a sheet cake, with anything having to do with babies...such as baby blocks, maybe noahs ark...etc...pick a theme. then on the 6 seperate cakes for each teachers, ask each one to give you a theme of there baby room...etc...whatever they like and cater a cake to each one in there own theme.

Just an idea, what do you think? It will make each one fee special.

JawdroppingCakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 18

Thanks for some ideas....the blocks sound good and the baby themes are great as well!

JawdroppingCakes Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:34pm
post #6 of 18

Does anyone have any more ideas

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:40pm
post #7 of 18

Since the big cake is for all six, it needs to be a bit generic. For the little cakes, I love the idea of the blocks. Whatever you do, keep it simple so you are not everwhelmed! Maybe make each small cake the same, but change the colour. Each one could be a pastel, with white piped dots and a white bow on top. Good luck!

If you go with the blocks, make the sheet cake look like a set of blocks, perhaps with the school initials on the blocks, and then give each lady an individual "block" cake.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:48pm
post #8 of 18

it might be a fair bit of work... dont wilton do a mini teddy bear pan? so you could do 6 mini bears for them to take home? (or bit bears, depending ont he sizes they want, what the pans serve) and something traditionally modern, dots and stripes tiered.
xx

meggers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meggers Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 8:07pm
post #9 of 18

I'm making cakes for a multiple teacher baby shower. I'm doing baby blocks.

marccrand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marccrand Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 8:17pm
post #10 of 18

I thought of using the hexagon or petal pans. The top could say "congratutions on the upcoming baskets of joy" or something like that with individual names on the sides. I know there is an Easter Basket cake that uses the petal pan (there are many, this is just the first one I found to attach http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1346152) for bassinets. (oops, the petal pan has 8 sides - you'd have to come up with something else for the other 2)

For the individual cakes, you could do a small oval with basketweave to mimic the main cake. Just beware, start hand-strengthening exercises now! thumbs_up.gif

You could do blue/pink if they know what they are expecting and green/yellow if they don't.

Just another idea icon_smile.gif

crl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crl Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 8:19pm
post #11 of 18

You could do a belly cake for the big cake and then do the little cakes with something like footprints, baby booties or little trinckets (?) like buttons or rattles on them.

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 8:42pm
post #12 of 18

I think the block idea is a good one for the individual cakes.

For the bigger one, you could make that a double half sheet cake (or even a whole sheet cake) and design it like a baby blanket. The blanket could be sectioned in squares and you could do pastel colors in the squares. In some of the squares you could write the names (i.e. Baby, Jones, Baby Smith, etc.). The other squares could have even chocolate candy molds of different baby items - baby bottles, diaper pins, etc. I know one of the Wilton yearbooks has something like that.

I just looked it up Wilton Yearbook 1993 pg. 84 and Wilton Yearbook 1998 pg. 74 are a few examples to work from.

Have fun!

JawdroppingCakes Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 10:08pm
post #13 of 18

Thank you so much everyone for your ideas...they have helped me out big time.

marccrand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marccrand Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 2:31pm
post #14 of 18

Be sure to update this thread when you finish so we can all go see the finished product. Can't wait to see what you came up with!

JawdroppingCakes Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 4:30pm
post #15 of 18

Well, I had my meeting with the secretary yesterday afternoon and they have chosen a simple sweet cake to resemble one from here on this site by tripletmom. The name of her cake is Baby Bolton Cake and they chose one like that for the big cake and then instead of little cakes for the mothers-to-be they have chosen some apples to look like babies in different sitting and lying positions and in different colors. I have many apples to look like a brides-maid dress, teddy bear, penguin, santa, snow globes, turkeys and even a frankenstein so I am hoping that I will be able to pull this one off as well. Thanks everyone for the ideas and I will post my pictures when I have completed them.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:24pm
post #16 of 18

I made one for the school I used to teach at that had three pregnant teachers. I made a 1/2 sheet cake and made booties and pacifiers to represent each baby. Luckily we had one girl, one boy, and one sex unknown, so I made pink, blue, and green booties and pacifiers on a yellow background. It's in my pix.

I also made one for the same school when there was only one baby...I made the sheet cake for the shower and the decoration on top was a cake decorated as a baby in a bassinet. It was on a separate board, and the family took that cake home.

Jennifer1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer1970 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:33am
post #17 of 18

I know this is late, but just thought of something cool. What about a sheet cake that looks like a chalkboard, with baby stuff written/drawn on it? Like a diagram of how to diaper a baby, etc...

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:49am
post #18 of 18

I you are good a making figures maybe a main cake, kinda wimsey, with 6 pregnant ladies and misc baby items and 6 blocks that the moms can take home.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%