Gumpaste Tulips

Decorating By cblupe Updated 20 Apr 2009 , 2:12am by rockysmommy

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 17

Can someone tell me how or direct me to a video on how to make gumpaste tulips? TIA

Carol

16 replies
cheferyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheferyn Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 4:14pm
post #2 of 17

i would love to know also.

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 17

I cant find a video, but in my Wilton gumpaste flower book there are directions. It comes with the gumpaste flower kit, maybe they might have the separate directions on their website.

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 4:55pm
post #5 of 17

Hi all, i have been practicing gumpaste roses and also fondant, i love working with fondant, i'm taking the wilton class in may. I have the stylist tools and wanted to know what i use the shell,and the one pointed that has edges. I've been looking for more flowers to make, i sae the one on tulips, i'd like to know how to make a carnation, i've made about 50 roses, some different types of bows, i'm practicing the butter cream, oh my poor poor rose it died several times. so i ate it. I made the wilton butter cream ewwwww way to sweet, i've had some really good butter cream is the iitalian real sweet. Thanks so much dnktat
LL
LL

ninatat Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 5:00pm
post #6 of 17

is this how the pics are supposed to show. oh and i have more roses, i've done braiding, curly ques, twists, don't ask me what i'm going to do with them but i'm having fun.

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 5:10pm
post #7 of 17

wow, thanks, rockysmommy.....dianesdecoratingdiary tutorial is excellent!! Thanks again!! thumbs_up.gif

ninatat Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 5:31pm
post #8 of 17

is this how the pics are supposed to show. oh and i have more roses, i've done braiding, curly ques, twists, don't ask me what i'm going to do with them but i'm having fun.

rockysmommy Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 5:38pm
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjan

wow, thanks, rockysmommy.....dianesdecoratingdiary tutorial is excellent!! Thanks again!! thumbs_up.gif

I thought it was one of the best I had found...glad it was helpful.

Robin

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 6:17pm
post #10 of 17

I agree that the dianasdecoratingdiary tutorial is superb thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif . I've used the Wilton fondant/gumpaste flower instructions and didn't like the results at all thumbsdown.gif . The same goes for their carnation thumbsdown.gif and rose thumbsdown.gif instructions, by the way. I actually bought a pot of tulips to copy flowers for two cakes from, but they would've been a lot prettier if I'd seen the tutorial before I made them. I have a couple of "thank-you" cakes coming up this week and I think I'll decorate them with tulips following this tutorial icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif .

ninatat Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:44pm
post #11 of 17

I thought the tutorial was very easy to follow, some are confusing. thumbs_up.gif i wonder is she has any more?

DianeM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeM Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 10:07pm
post #12 of 17

Glad you found the instructions easy to follow. I did the tutorial, and the spoons make all the difference I think.

What other flowers are you interested in?

ninatat Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 11:09pm
post #13 of 17

just about any i'd like to know how to do the carnation, a daffodil would be cool. can you help me with my butter cream, i can do the leaf but i can't get the tip at the end, when i pull it away the tip doesn't come out pointed but the sides of the end do. can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. Thanks so much. Diane

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 11:18pm
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninatat

just about any i'd like to know how to do the carnation, a daffodil would be cool. can you help me with my butter cream, i can do the leaf but i can't get the tip at the end, when i pull it away the tip doesn't come out pointed but the sides of the end do. can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. Thanks so much. Diane

use tip #352

ninatat Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 11:28pm
post #15 of 17

oh ok i didn't get that one, i'll order it. Thank you Diane I did get the 101 kit from e bay slightly used for $41.00 i couldn't pass it up and had the number 1 class kit in it.

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 12:36am
post #16 of 17

RockysMommy - thank you so much for the tulip tutorial. I am going to try making some of these tomorrow! Can't wait!!!

I have the tulip petal cutters but not the tulip veiner. What do you suggest I use (hoping I have something in my tools).

I live in Washington and tulips are in bloom just everywhere, they are soooo beautiful!!!

Thanks again, Carol icon_biggrin.gif

rockysmommy Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:12am
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cblupe

RockysMommy - thank you so much for the tulip tutorial. I am going to try making some of these tomorrow! Can't wait!!!

I have the tulip petal cutters but not the tulip veiner. What do you suggest I use (hoping I have something in my tools).

I live in Washington and tulips are in bloom just everywhere, they are soooo beautiful!!!

Thanks again, Carol icon_biggrin.gif

You are very welcome Carol...I love tulips...would love to see them...have some in bloom here in Georgia.

...hmmmm, not really sure what to tell you to use in place of the tulip veiner...I have used actual leaves before...sorry I couldn't be more help...can't wait to see the pics.

Robin

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%