Cricut For Lettering.....works Great

Decorating By tripleD Updated 2 May 2009 , 2:58am by Superstar2

tripleD Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 15

I keep watching CC'rs asking aboutthe cricut. Well I just ran a frosting sheet through my edible printer. I printed a paisley design on it.
I then left the back on the frosting sheet and laid it on my cricut board and loaded the paper... It cut out the letters perfectly wow. I let them set out to set up then seperated them. put them on my hannah montana cake.
LL

14 replies
antonia74 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 15

Has your Hannah Montana cake shown up in the gallery yet? I'd love to see, but I can't find it in your photos?

Susie53 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonia74

Has your Hannah Montana cake shown up in the gallery yet? I'd love to see, but I can't find it in your photos?

Me too! icon_smile.gif

sshoshie Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 15

ok, dumb question, what is a cricuter?

Teekakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 3:23pm
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshoshie

ok, dumb question, what is a cricuter?

Not a dumb question! icon_smile.gif Click here and see one for a good explanation. http://www.cricut.com/shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?s=1&id=1

bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 3:33pm
post #6 of 15

I'm like you tripleD, I have been watching about the cricuts. I'm still not sold on it but hey, who knows? icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 3:41pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie53

Quote:

Me too! icon_smile.gif

Is the cake she uploaded into this thread not the Hannah Montana cake she is referring to? The letters "Katie" are paisley and the cake is a western Montana type cake......I thought this cake is the one she is referring to. Am I wrong here, TripleD?

tripleD Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 3:52pm
post #8 of 15

yes that is the cake. it never showed up on the new cakes added. I do'nt know why so I attached it to this thread.
yeah, the letters are the paisley ones that say Katie. It worked so cool.

now I can make fancy letters and they are edible.

Susie53 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 3:54pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie53

Quote:

Me too! icon_smile.gif

Is the cake she uploaded into this thread not the Hannah Montana cake she is referring to? The letters "Katie" are paisley and the cake is a western Montana type cake......I thought this cake is the one she is referring to. Am I wrong here, TripleD?

Thanks! icon_redface.gif

sshoshie Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 4:02pm
post #10 of 15

Thanks for the info, very interesting. I'm guessing you can change fonts and sizes etc.

Teekakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 5:07pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleD

yes that is the cake. it never showed up on the new cakes added. I do'nt know why so I attached it to this thread.
yeah, the letters are the paisley ones that say Katie. It worked so cool.

now I can make fancy letters and they are edible.

Awesome! Looks like it did a very good job!
I really like your bullwhip type border...........what tip did you use to do that? Or is it fondant?

tripleD Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 5:51pm
post #12 of 15

the border is fondant. I used a makin' polymer clay mold. I use ll kinds of stuff to make textures in fondant.

Teekakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:12pm
post #13 of 15

Oooh, I have not seen that particular mold in Makins or any other. Will have to look for it next time I am at the craft stores. Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

paula1234 Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:48am
post #14 of 15

I have a cricut and love it.. I use it all the time for cake decorating. I am glad someone else has discovered it. I actually bought mine for cake decorating instead of scrapebooking

Superstar2 Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:58am
post #15 of 15

So let me get this straight. tripleD you rolled out a thin layer of fondant or sugar paste and then put it through the crucut machine to form the letters. Hope I've got it , had a large glass of wine with dinner and not so sure I'm seeing straight. If it that easy I'm getting that darn machine tomorrow. Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%