Cricut For Lettering.....works Great

Decorating By tripleD Updated 2 May 2009 , 2:58am by Superstar2

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 15

I keep watching CC'rs asking aboutthe cricut. Well I just ran a frosting sheet through my edible printer. I printed a paisley design on it.
I then left the back on the frosting sheet and laid it on my cricut board and loaded the paper... It cut out the letters perfectly wow. I let them set out to set up then seperated them. put them on my hannah montana cake.
LL

14 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 15

Has your Hannah Montana cake shown up in the gallery yet? I'd love to see, but I can't find it in your photos?

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonia74

Has your Hannah Montana cake shown up in the gallery yet? I'd love to see, but I can't find it in your photos?

Me too! icon_smile.gif

sshoshie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sshoshie Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 15

ok, dumb question, what is a cricuter?

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 3:23pm
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshoshie

ok, dumb question, what is a cricuter?

Not a dumb question! icon_smile.gif Click here and see one for a good explanation. http://www.cricut.com/shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?s=1&id=1

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 3:33pm
post #6 of 15

I'm like you tripleD, I have been watching about the cricuts. I'm still not sold on it but hey, who knows? icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 3:41pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie53

Quote:

Me too! icon_smile.gif

Is the cake she uploaded into this thread not the Hannah Montana cake she is referring to? The letters "Katie" are paisley and the cake is a western Montana type cake......I thought this cake is the one she is referring to. Am I wrong here, TripleD?

tripleD Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 3:52pm
post #8 of 15

yes that is the cake. it never showed up on the new cakes added. I do'nt know why so I attached it to this thread.
yeah, the letters are the paisley ones that say Katie. It worked so cool.

now I can make fancy letters and they are edible.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 3:54pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie53

Quote:

Me too! icon_smile.gif

Is the cake she uploaded into this thread not the Hannah Montana cake she is referring to? The letters "Katie" are paisley and the cake is a western Montana type cake......I thought this cake is the one she is referring to. Am I wrong here, TripleD?

Thanks! icon_redface.gif

sshoshie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sshoshie Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 4:02pm
post #10 of 15

Thanks for the info, very interesting. I'm guessing you can change fonts and sizes etc.

Teekakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 5:07pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleD

yes that is the cake. it never showed up on the new cakes added. I do'nt know why so I attached it to this thread.
yeah, the letters are the paisley ones that say Katie. It worked so cool.

now I can make fancy letters and they are edible.

Awesome! Looks like it did a very good job!
I really like your bullwhip type border...........what tip did you use to do that? Or is it fondant?

tripleD Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 5:51pm
post #12 of 15

the border is fondant. I used a makin' polymer clay mold. I use ll kinds of stuff to make textures in fondant.

Teekakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:12pm
post #13 of 15

Oooh, I have not seen that particular mold in Makins or any other. Will have to look for it next time I am at the craft stores. Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:48am
post #14 of 15

I have a cricut and love it.. I use it all the time for cake decorating. I am glad someone else has discovered it. I actually bought mine for cake decorating instead of scrapebooking

Superstar2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Superstar2 Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:58am
post #15 of 15

So let me get this straight. tripleD you rolled out a thin layer of fondant or sugar paste and then put it through the crucut machine to form the letters. Hope I've got it , had a large glass of wine with dinner and not so sure I'm seeing straight. If it that easy I'm getting that darn machine tomorrow. Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%