My Baseball Glove Cake And Beer Can Cake.

Decorating By chellescountrycakes Updated 19 Apr 2009 , 11:12pm by chellescountrycakes

chellescountrycakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 7

Here are two cakes I made this weekend. Since I am by no means good at cake decorating, these would be easy for a beginer to do . This is the 3rd and 4th cake I have ever made.

Thank y'all for all your help, You have taught me so much.

6 replies
chellescountrycakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 7

Both of these are just butter cream icing over a box cake. or a couple of box cakes. LOL

oh and licorice on the glove.

msulli10 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 7

These are great. You should be very proud of your work.

YALANTZI Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 7

Your cakes turned out great, I really like the beer cake.

dherringfarms Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 7

very good and detailed, you should be proud thumbs_up.gif

Chippi Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 7

Great job on the cakes! Happy Baking!

chellescountrycakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 11:12pm
post #7 of 7

thank y'all icon_smile.gif

and its not licorace, perse, its twizlers, chocolate ones and licorice ones, interwoven. I cut them lengthways and wove them, then put them in a microwave for a few seconds. They didnt melt, but they melded together a little, I pushed them down and then took them and cut them the shape I needed. I had dug out a depression in the cake where I was putting the webbing, so I laid it in there and iced around it.

The ball was just a pirex bowl that I had laying around, I baked some cake mix in it, then slathered it with BC icing. icon_smile.gif

The logo on the beer can was supposed to be a transfer, but it wouldnt come off onto the cake, about half of it did, so I free handed the rest. The miller and such was freehand. (cant you tell? LOL ) and the waves were done with a fork.

Quote by @%username% on %date%