No Egg, No Dairy Cake And Cookie Recipes?

Baking By imamommy1205 Updated 19 Apr 2009 , 8:37pm by bonniebakes

imamommy1205 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:52pm
post #1 of 3

A little girl came to my house yesterday, and I had made cookies for each of the little girls. I didnt realize this little girl was allergic to eggs and dairy. So I ended up giving her a little bag jelly beans so she would have a treat too. (Each cookie was wrapped in a little plastic bag and tied with a bow) So I got to thinking, I see this little girl often bc she is best friends with my 7 yo cousin and she is at all the bday parties. And since I make all the cakes lol, I want me make maybe a few cupcakes that this little girl can eat, and decorate them just like the bday cake. This way she doesnt have to feel left out.

Recipes will also be GREAT for me to have when I open my bakery in the future!!! Thanks!!!

2 replies
bonniebakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:34pm
post #2 of 3

I recently bought a book - Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. The recipes are all vegan- no dairy, no eggs.

I've only tried 2 recipes so far, but both have come out good.

bonniebakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:37pm
post #3 of 3

oh - I also use rice milk in all recipe that I make (substituted for regular milk) because my husband is lactose intolerant. Works great - I've never had a problem with it and it has a mild taste - unlike soy milk - so you can't tell the difference in baked goods.

There are also egg "replacers" on the market (try a health food store of natural market). The one I've used is a powder and it says on the box how to use it in place of eggs. I've never used it in a cake or cookie dough, but I have for pancake batter, and it was fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%