Homestead Website

Business By notjustcake Updated 19 Apr 2009 , 2:48pm by weirkd

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 4

Ok so I have been trying to set up a little website for my pictures, I started the free trial at homestead BUT I have so many pictures! I can't possibly fit pictures and info all in 5 pages so I upgraded to the $19.99 a month for the first 6 months $24 after that, to add more pages and features like domain and email. Is this worth it the website deisgns are not that great and worked hard at finding a decent one, I feel like when my customers see this site they will think, cheap and cheesy!

I wish my webiste did not need so many pages and instead one page would hold many and you juts clicked the category and boom more pictures would be there man I need a real website! in the mean time how much do you pay for yours? Is this site worth it for now...until I find someone who can build me one?

3 replies
ericaplh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaplh Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:24pm
post #2 of 4

I used to use homestead and was able to fit all my cakes on their pages...Each page would showcase a different genre of cakes...(tier, sculpted, etc., wedding, etc...and once you clicked on the page, you just kept scrolling down to look at all the cakes.

However, it is probably more cost effective and professional looking to purchase a domain name and use a web hosting site to set up your website...try godaddy.com. In the long run, it will probably be cheaper to do it this way and then you'd own your domain name as well...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 2:33pm
post #3 of 4

www.flickr.com is a website designed for photographers, so it will hold LOTS of photos. I have my business website, then a link to my Flickr site, where I have over 300 photos. You can get 175-200 pics on there for free. When you max out on space, you have to pay for a "professional"level, which is $25/year.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 2:48pm
post #4 of 4

I use the Yahoo one. I pay $12.99 a month and can have tons of pictures, pages, etc. I really like it and its pretty user friendly. Currently my husband is working on redoing it. He took some web design classes and my website is his final project. The only thing though is that he is showing my current website and they discuss stuff in class. So they all were like "When are you bringing us samples!!" So I made cupcakes for them which they all loved and got an order from it as well! Which ofcourse is cool! But anyway, He said that he would like to start doing websites as a side job later, if you interested!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%