Can You Help Me Fix This?

Decorating By foxymomma521 Updated 19 Apr 2009 , 1:37pm by foxymomma521

foxymomma521 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:50pm
post #1 of 7

My edible image printer broke (I will be ordering a non cannon one withinn the next couple of days if anyone has any suggestions) and I had offered to make a friend a Caillou cake for this weekend... So- I was forced to do an FBCT (which NEVER turn out right for me) and I just don't like this cake... His eyes are bugging out of his head because I piped them on after (I was afraid they'd smudge) and I feel like there's WAY too much white... So, while there's nothing I can do about the eyes (I tried for about an hour) I would like to add more color... I was thinking of doing a Cakery style border, but she pipes her squiggles over shell borders, and I did a reverse shell... Will it work? Any suggestions? She's coming to get it in a couple of hours, and I guess it'll be okay as is, but I just don't like it... TIA
LL

6 replies
Deb_ Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:57pm
post #2 of 7

I think your FBCT looks great. How about any wording, does it have to have Happy B-day on it or anything?
You could add some of those colored dots to the border around the FBCT for more color, but honestly I think it looks fine the way it is.

Sometimes when I'm in a funk with a cake like that I put down the icing bag and walk away, it always looks better when I return to it.

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

foxymomma521 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:00pm
post #3 of 7

thanks dkelly- I just hate his face and I think that's what everyone will zero in on... Those eyes make him look really surprised!! Maybe I'll try the colored dots around the small border...

steffla Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:08pm
post #4 of 7

to be honest, I never would have noticed the eyes! I think he looks adorable! You have just been staring at it too long and fresh eyes on it will just see a really cute cake! Good luck!

dmhart Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:12pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxymomma521

thanks dkelly- I just hate his face and I think that's what everyone will zero in on... Those eyes make him look really surprised!! Maybe I'll try the colored dots around the small border...

I really think it looks fine, I think you are being more critical because it is your work. I don't see the surprised look you see. He looks happy, excited maybe, but it is for a birtday....right?.....I think he should look like that. Adding more colored dots around the border will be fine and it will even add to the fesitve look of the cake but I think you are stressing to much. HTH Take a deep breath it will be okay Debbie

solascakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:31pm
post #6 of 7

Can't fault this cake,sorry.It looks great.

foxymomma521 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:37pm
post #7 of 7

lol- thanks guys... I think I'll just add the dots and be done. If I could do it over I think I would have made the border yellow and white, or blue and white... Anyway, thanks again icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%