Can You Help Me Fix This?

Decorating By foxymomma521 Updated 19 Apr 2009 , 1:37pm by foxymomma521

foxymomma521  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:50pm
post #1 of 7

My edible image printer broke (I will be ordering a non cannon one withinn the next couple of days if anyone has any suggestions) and I had offered to make a friend a Caillou cake for this weekend... So- I was forced to do an FBCT (which NEVER turn out right for me) and I just don't like this cake... His eyes are bugging out of his head because I piped them on after (I was afraid they'd smudge) and I feel like there's WAY too much white... So, while there's nothing I can do about the eyes (I tried for about an hour) I would like to add more color... I was thinking of doing a Cakery style border, but she pipes her squiggles over shell borders, and I did a reverse shell... Will it work? Any suggestions? She's coming to get it in a couple of hours, and I guess it'll be okay as is, but I just don't like it... TIA
LL

6 replies
 Deb_  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:57pm
post #2 of 7

I think your FBCT looks great. How about any wording, does it have to have Happy B-day on it or anything?
You could add some of those colored dots to the border around the FBCT for more color, but honestly I think it looks fine the way it is.

Sometimes when I'm in a funk with a cake like that I put down the icing bag and walk away, it always looks better when I return to it.

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

foxymomma521 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:00pm
post #3 of 7

thanks dkelly- I just hate his face and I think that's what everyone will zero in on... Those eyes make him look really surprised!! Maybe I'll try the colored dots around the small border...

steffla  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:08pm
post #4 of 7

to be honest, I never would have noticed the eyes! I think he looks adorable! You have just been staring at it too long and fresh eyes on it will just see a really cute cake! Good luck!

dmhart  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmhart Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:12pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxymomma521

thanks dkelly- I just hate his face and I think that's what everyone will zero in on... Those eyes make him look really surprised!! Maybe I'll try the colored dots around the small border...

I really think it looks fine, I think you are being more critical because it is your work. I don't see the surprised look you see. He looks happy, excited maybe, but it is for a birtday....right?.....I think he should look like that. Adding more colored dots around the border will be fine and it will even add to the fesitve look of the cake but I think you are stressing to much. HTH Take a deep breath it will be okay Debbie

solascakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:31pm
post #6 of 7

Can't fault this cake,sorry.It looks great.

foxymomma521 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:37pm
post #7 of 7

lol- thanks guys... I think I'll just add the dots and be done. If I could do it over I think I would have made the border yellow and white, or blue and white... Anyway, thanks again icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%