Super Fattening Chocolate Cake????

Decorating By Niquie Updated 19 Apr 2009 , 2:42am by ceshell

Niquie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niquie Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:06am
post #1 of 5

Me again!!!

Anyone have a good recipe for a (the customer wants) really fattening chocolate cake? I only have recipes for simple ones, and I need for the cake to be able to stand up to being covered with MFF. Any recipe suggestions? She wants it to be really sweet and chocolately because she gets to go off her diet just for the day of her b-day. Any filling suggestions would be great too. The cake is going to be a purse, just in case that would change the recipe suggestions. Thanks.

Ashley

4 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:35am
post #2 of 5

You mean to tell me that ALL chocolate cake isn't *super fattening*? icon_eek.gif

Just tell her to eat the ENTIRE thing herself! icon_lol.gif

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:40am
post #3 of 5

I use the chocolate cake recipe on the back of the hersheys cocoa. It is great and I have covered it with fondant many many times with no problem.

iluvjay829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvjay829 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 2:24am
post #4 of 5

The recipe I use is very similar to the Darn Good Chocolate Cake on here but with small changes for personal taste:

1 box BC Milk Chocolate Cake Mix
1Box instant chocolate pudding
4 eggs
1 C sour cream
1/2 c vegetable oil
1/4 c half & half
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 C milk chocolate chips

Pair this with the Chocolate Syrup frosting and I've had numerous people tell me it was the best chocolate cake they've ever eaten. It's got to be EXTREMELY fattening.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 2:42am
post #5 of 5

For absolutely rich, moist, decadent chocolate cake, I swear by the Scott Clark Woolley Fudge Brownie Cake. Use the recipe at the top of p3 on the Hershey's cake thread http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-52587-30.html

Read some more posts on that thread; people LOVE that cake! I think most people make the Epicurious double chocolate layer cake because it's easier to come by (it's on epicurious after all) but to my mind they aren't even in the same ballpark. I tried the Darn Good too; it wasn't as chocolatey (although iluvjay829's version might be more flavorful? I've never tweaked that recipe but I've tweaked the Epicurious one and it is just too bland for me.)

Now I can't speak for which one is the most "fattening"! But the way I see it, the more decadent it tastes, the more fattening it feels. LOL.

Top it with ganache (made with 40% heavy cream, and some butter for added depth) for an all-out chocolate blowout. I told my husband this year not to get me a birthday cake, cuz I'm making that baby for myself! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%