Today, I Came To My Senses.

Decorating By cinderspritzer Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 12:37am by kjgjam22

cinderspritzer Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 10:30pm
post #1 of 3

I love red velvet cake, and I'm a snob and think that red velvet isn't red velvet if it doesn't have cream cheese icing. I love cream cheese icing, however, I hate actually having to use it to decorate anything.

I'm also due to have a baby any day now (all though I'm getting convinced she's never gonna come out).

So I baked a red velvet cake. I've had no intention of eating it, I was going to send it to work with my husband from the get-go.

The icing was driving me crazy, like always. And finally I had enough. I stuck the cake in the freezer with only the regular icing on it. No decorations, I didn't even smooth the BC. I told myself that A) those guys don't care what that cake looks like and B) I don't need to stress myself out over cake right now.

So I think if I can tell myself that enough is enough, the next time someone asks me some ridiculous thing about changing my cake methods for them, I should be able to tell them no too.

That's all. icon_smile.gif

2 replies
cylstrial Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 11:20pm
post #2 of 3

Hopefully, you'll tell them no next time.
Congrats on your soon to be newborn. Do you know what you're having?

kjgjam22 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:37am
post #3 of 3

just have firm no's when you have to. congrats on the bambino also. good luck with delivery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%