Fondant Polka Dots

Decorating By sweetcakes1107 Updated 18 Apr 2009 , 9:53pm by 2girliesmama

sweetcakes1107 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 9:01pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making a cake and icing it with buttercream and want to attach mmf polka dots. The MMF is already made and colored, but it seem very soft. I'm having trouble moving the dots without them losing thier shape. I've done this once before, but don't remember having this problem. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!!!

4 replies
KarenOR Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 9:19pm
post #2 of 5

I just did a bunch of polka dots this morning.
I made mine a little thicker and also let them sit for just a few minutes before adhering them. Also, if the fondant is too soft, knead in some powdered sugar first and then reroll.

drakegore Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 5

i have two cakes posted with fondant dots on buttercream and did it just as karen is saying. i think i let them sit for about 10 minute or maybe a bit more and i rolled them 1/16" --- no shape distortion at all.
diane

hamie Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 9:35pm
post #4 of 5

add some powdered sugar and let them sit, make sure to use plenty of cornstarch so they will come up easier

2girliesmama Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 9:53pm
post #5 of 5

Just did some this morning. You can roll them out on parchment with a little powdered sugar or a silpat mat. Roll them then stick in fridge for like 2-5 minutes to chill just a little dust with a little sugar (cutter too) and cut away.( A little thicker helps too).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%