Fishing & Gardening Theme On 1 Cake

Decorating By pinkcamo Updated 2 May 2009 , 3:45am by pinkcamo

pinkcamo Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 8:21pm
post #1 of 8

Hey friends!! I have a friend asking for a cake combining two themes; fishing and gardening. It's for a small family gathering to celebrate her fathers birthday, so it needs to feed about 20. I plan on coverin the cake with MMF as well as using it for the decorations.
All ideas welcome!!!
TIA!
Kristin

7 replies
Rocketgirl899 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 8:28pm
post #2 of 8

maybe do a lake/ pond on one side and then then the other side more like a garden next to a lake? I know it's not the best idea... but a thought?

or make it funny and have a little character fishing in the garden?

dandelion56602 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 8:34pm
post #3 of 8

I was thinking about the same thing. Maybe sitting on a rock fishing with some pots to plant sitting around the ground. Or planting flowers with a fishing pole lying on the ground

underthesun Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 8

Oh, I just thought I'd throw an idea out. I had saved this gallery photo to my favorites in case I needed it for something. See the link below. What if you did the fishing area on bottom and then on the small top, have a garden area. What great flowers you could put trailing up the hill. Change the scene up to fit your dual themes.

www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1193955

Just a thought.

beachcakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:13am
post #5 of 8

20 servings would be about an 8" round. Use a larger board, and you could decorate the top of the cake with a vegetable garden, the sides rough iced brown like a dirt cliff, and blue RI on the board for the water. Model a little fisherman to stand on the cliff fishing...

pinkcamo Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 5:02am
post #6 of 8

WOW!! Y'all are so creative!!!!
Thanks SO much for the ideas!!!

pinkcamo Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 3:16am
post #7 of 8

any more? icon_biggrin.gif

pinkcamo Posted 2 May 2009 , 3:45am
post #8 of 8

Thanks for your help!!!
Here is the cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%