Help..........me Please!!w/ Dumb Question

Decorating By stellabake Updated 18 Apr 2009 , 11:54pm by stellabake

stellabake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stellabake Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 3

I have a cake to do, this lady keeps changing things at the last minute. She wanted a full sheet cake with show box on it. Now she would rather have them stacked (2, 1/2 sheets) to make the cake more taller. I need to serve 150 people. The shoe box and bag will cover the remander amount of cake I need. My question is that she will be cutting the cake and serving it, I want the cake split so she doesn't over do it and then its not enough. I would like to some how stack the 2 cakes (1/2 sheets but have the cake box between them, so she will know where to stop cutting. Is that possible or other idea and if so how!! She is getting my stress behind cake,ya'll!! I value your comments and I also come her for cake questions, that I need answers too! Ya'll are the bomb!

2 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 3

tell her she makes a final decision NOW (well, tomoro maybe, depending ont eh time difference between us! but sometime really soon!) on what she wants and that is what she gets. most people have a time limit for last minute changes.

i dont know about sheet cakes... but i imagine you could stack them the same as with regular cakes, use dowels and a cake board for supporting the different layers. also give her a cutting guide, and let her know how big a serving is, if she wants to give bigger slices than the standard, she can order extra cake.
xx

stellabake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stellabake Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 11:54pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you, for your help! I can not wait until this is over!! Again thank you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%