Banana Filling For Groom's Cake

Decorating By anesthesiagal Updated 19 Apr 2009 , 2:02am by kakeladi

anesthesiagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anesthesiagal Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 2

Hello all. I am just found your forum and am excited to learn some new tips and tricks. I am an amateur self-taught baker but love to try and learn new things and new techniques.

My sister is getting married and asked me to make the groom's cake. The challenge for me is that the groom would like a chocolate cake with banana filling. I haven't made this combination before so am looking for ideas.

I generally make my fillings from fresh ingredients to the extent possible but am concerned with the bananas browning and not tasting good. I will be finishing the cake the day before the wedding but may have to fill it even 2 days before. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I personally don't care for pudding mixes and things as I really like to make everything from scratch so I know what is in there. I appreciate. Thanks

Kristen

1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 2:02am
post #2 of 2

You can put fresh, sliced bananas mixed into b'cream or whipped cream & such. They will not turn brown as no air can get to them icon_smile.gif
If at all possible keep the cake chilled but it's not that big of a deal if you can't.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%