How Do You Package Your Cookies?

Baking By sarah0418 Updated 19 Apr 2009 , 12:49am by cylstrial

sarah0418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarah0418 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 7

Ok, I'm pretty sure this was covered before, but I can't seem to find the forum.........
So, I was wondering, how does everyone package their unbagged/unwrapped cookies? I have been purchasing the Wilton cake boxed from my local Michael's store. Then I have been lining up the cookies in there on top of wax paper. The hard part is what to do for a small order (like 1 dozen) or a larger order. Any tips are greatly apprecieated! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
sarah0418 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 7

Anyone?......Nobody wants to share? icon_biggrin.gif

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 6:54pm
post #3 of 7

Honestly, I don't recall anyone posting how to package unbagged cookies or I would direct you to that thread. But then I am fairly new. Are you talking about decorated cookies? I will say that I have seen someone using like a 3x5 box (also used to package salt water taffy) and I have seen another bakery use a gable box. But those were not used for decorated cookies. I have seen decorated cookies on a platter and then wrapped in plastic, like an easter basket (you know, so that it looks like a teepee with a curved bottom) with ribbon around he gathering. Good luck!

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 7

I buy pizza boxes (the plain kind) from a restaurant supply store. I like the medium size, and I put a single layer in and let them dry in the box.

sarah0418 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 9:49pm
post #5 of 7

KathyTW, that is a great idea for drying, I will have to try that. I was actually talking about decorated cookies. Once they are sold. How are they presented to the customer. I have found the disposable pizza pans, but they are very flimsy. I don't mind using the cake boxes, but I don't like that you can't see the cookies then. Any suggestions would help!

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 11:15pm
post #6 of 7

You could use a covered cake circle and then wrap with basket wrap, or go to a $1 and get some baskets.

I deliver my cookies to customers in the pizza boxes - I always open the box to show them the cookies - it's kinda like delivering a cake in a bakery box that you can't see through.

I'd love to see what you come up with - I'm alway looking for new ideas too!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:49am
post #7 of 7

I just slide mine into the little cellophane bags and then tie them with a ribbon. Here's one of my cookie/bags pics. http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1304702

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%