I Have Converted My Husband!

Decorating By hallow3 Updated 18 Apr 2009 , 12:48pm by pinkflower1212

hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 12:04pm
post #1 of 7

So here is my story.
My husband and I go to Sam's for a few things for a small party we were hosting. We are short on time and have to get things done. So my husband walks by the cakes and sees this strawberry shortcake cake and tells me "this will do for tonight, I don't need you to make a cake" icon_confused.gif I tell him that is fine, whatever icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif So he gets this strawberry topped cake with white buttercream frosting around it. We get home and have our dinner party. and it comes time for dessert. He cuts the slices for everyone, (I declined, I am a cake snob). He takes a few bites and says to me " Honey this does not taste like yours" thumbsdown.gif and throws the whole thing away! icon_biggrin.gif And told me he will never buy another store cake again! thumbs_up.gif I have finally converted my husband into a cake snob! icon_lol.gif Ah the warm rush of great feeling came over me.

6 replies
Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 12:06pm
post #2 of 7

Congratulations! Now you know how much all your efforts are really appreciated!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 12:25pm
post #3 of 7

I am so pround of him! Congrats!

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 12:27pm
post #4 of 7

Congratulations!! My DH makes me so happy, whenever someone says Walmart cake, he says "EW!"
Isn't it wonderful?!

Crissy_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crissy_Cakes Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 12:33pm
post #5 of 7

Congratulations!!! Isn't it wonderful?
icon_lol.gif

hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 12:38pm
post #6 of 7

Oh my husband it getting to be a huge cake snob now a days, now that he helps me every now and then. The other day, I came home and he was making a cake icon_smile.gif . I guess, he has been watching me enough now to know how to make a great cake. He is still rough around the edges on Buttercream. But I think he will get it one day. We were in Walmart the other day and we were walking by the cakes and he stops and looks at one of them and says to "Honey, I think you could do this and do it better than them" I was floored at the compliment he made. Gotta love him for seeing the side of the "cake world". And to add another point here. He was the one suggesting I start a hobby!

pinkflower1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkflower1212 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 12:48pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow3

He takes a few bites and says to me " Honey this does not taste like yours" thumbsdown.gif and throws the whole thing away! icon_biggrin.gif And told me he will never buy another store cake again! thumbs_up.gif I have finally converted my husband into a cake snob! icon_lol.gif Ah the warm rush of great feeling came over me.

Ah yes that feeling you get is wonderful. icon_lol.gif My boys are like that too. When at a birthday party and its time for cake they can tell if its homemade or store bought. So as not to hurt their friends feelings, they take a bite or 2 - they are so cake snobs at their young ages. High-5 (slaps hands) Hallow 3's DH you have finally seen the light!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%