Do You Think This Passes?

Decorating By Justbeck101 Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 10:26pm by Tee-Y

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 1:27am
post #1 of 21

I am trying to do a buttercream gerbera daisy.........lol!
LL

20 replies
Justbeck101 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 1:45am
post #2 of 21

anyone?...I know, I am being impatient. I just made a bunch of these, but I really don't like them. I want to do fondant ones. It is for a wedding cake. But she does not want fondant ones. I just don't think they are very pretty.....

Maybe they will look better when they are in place around other flowers and on the cake?

What do you think?

Hcrisler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hcrisler Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 1:46am
post #3 of 21

I think they look pretty good

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 1:55am
post #4 of 21

Take a look at my white daisies. These were made from royal icing but you could do the same with buttercream. Are they more what you're looking for?
LL

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 1:57am
post #5 of 21

I forgot to add - you could make the centres larger to make them look like Gerb's.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 2:09am
post #6 of 21

What you made look good........
But...... for gerbs I suggest you make the petals thinner and many more of them.
Turn the tip around - use the thin end up; start at the end of the nail holding the bag straight up & down & stroke (almost drag) back to center. Once you have all the petals done, pipe another row on top of those then add the large center.
My concern is when you go to put them on the cake they are going to fall apart icon_sad.gif That's the problem w/b'cream daisies.
Have you tried using my air-drying b'cream? It's a cross between b'c & RI so they will stay together a bit better.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 2:17am
post #7 of 21

justbeck101... make them like you have.. use a buttercream .. that is a little more stiffer than you are using.. now.. make the petals a little longer... then another set on top of these . in between the first ones.. make the shorter ones like you did and then the center like you did.. yours looks good.. just use the stiffer buttercream than i see you used.. in other words.. make them with a little more movement... if you know what i mean... i usally get a silk flower from michaels.. that helps me know how flowers look..colors, etc.. hth you could actually pipe these right on the cake..

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 2:23am
post #8 of 21

Gerber daisies are my absolute favorite and my yard is filled with them! Like others have suggested......you just need the petals longer. You don't necessarily need to do a second layer, I don't think..........but definitely longer petals.
Heather

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 2:25am
post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

What you made look good........
But...... for gerbs I suggest you make the petals thinner and many more of them.
Turn the tip around - use the thin end up; start at the end of the nail holding the bag straight up & down & stroke (almost drag) back to center. Once you have all the petals done, pipe another row on top of those then add the large center.
My concern is when you go to put them on the cake they are going to fall apart icon_sad.gif That's the problem w/b'cream daisies.
Have you tried using my air-drying b'cream? It's a cross between b'c & RI so they will stay together a bit better.

kakeladi would you share this receipe with me?? i love making bc flowers but i have to freeze them before i can put them on cakes.
Thanks

Justbeck101 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 2:29am
post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycakes

Take a look at my white daisies. These were made from royal icing but you could do the same with buttercream. Are they more what you're looking for?

Well I tried them like that, but they looked so cartoonish to me! lol. I am sure it was the way I made them.

Justbeck101 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 2:54am
post #11 of 21

Okay, Thank you all soooooo much!

I would make them right on the cake, except they will be in the side of the cake and I need Like 100 of them! lol

I will try the stiffer buttercream.

I have dried a few already and handled them, they are holding together really well.

The blue ones were still pretty soft so I placed each on on a little peice of foil and folded it in some. It curved them very nicely. They look 100 times better now. Funny how a little movement makes something look so much better.

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 3:10am
post #12 of 21

Why don't you freeze your BC flowers before transferring them to the cake. All the flower cakes I have done in BC are done in IMBC so it won't crust, so the only way of transferring is to freeze first. Works very well.

Justbeck101 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 1:14am
post #13 of 21

Well, here is the finished cake with the buttercream Gerbera daisies. Thanks for all your help!
LL

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 3:52am
post #14 of 21

Nicely done, I like your colours a lot!

luv2cook721 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cook721 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 4:47am
post #15 of 21

Wow, that is amazing! Your flowers look great and your colors are so vivid. Great job.

Justbeck101 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 6:51am
post #16 of 21

Thanks

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 12:00pm
post #17 of 21

Well now, look at that pretty cake! You did a great job on it icon_smile.gif

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 12:26pm
post #18 of 21

Justbeck101 your cake is beautiful thumbs_up.gif

Justbeck101 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 12:57pm
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by solascakes

Justbeck101 your cake is beautiful thumbs_up.gif

Thank you. I was not sure I could pull it off. I do wish I would have lined up the pillars....

sweetopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetopia Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 1:04pm
post #20 of 21

Lovely cake Justbeck101!

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 10:26pm
post #21 of 21

Lovely colour combination!! thumbs_up.gif. So vibrant!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%