I Need Some Advice

Lounge By gina0475 Updated 18 Apr 2009 , 12:47am by Deb_

gina0475 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gina0475 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 12:35am
post #1 of 3

Hello everyone I don't typically post but I look at all of your cakes in aww all the time.
I have an issue today and I am not sure what to do,
I have a customer looking for a cake but she wants the cake to be a single layer chocolate chip pound cake
not only have I never done this and I have no tested recipe (please help), but also I am concerned this is a bad choice for the customer because I believe it will be too sweet with the butter cream frosting ?
which brings me to another point she wants off white butter cream do you think that butter cream is already off white (without whitener) or should I add some color to make it more off white?

2 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 12:43am
post #2 of 3

Hi,

I actually like choc chip pound cake. There's a good recipe here for cream cheese pound cake that I use, you could use some mini choc chips dusted in flour in with the reg. recipe.

When I was a little girl, most weddings that I attended used pound cake w/ buttercream icing as the standard. I kind of miss that combo.

As far as the off white icing. If you use real van ext yes it's kind of off white, but does she want more of an Ivory color? If so, you could add a little bit of the Wilton Ivory to your reg. recipe.

HTH
Deb icon_smile.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 12:47am
post #3 of 3

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipes_id-add_box-6809.html

Gina, Here's a link to that recipe. It was submitted by jodief, who in my opinion has the best recipes for just about anything. You should try her caramel recipe........it's deadly icon_biggrin.gif

I think you'll love this cake, it's really delicious. I actually love it plain too!

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%