Can I Use Fat Free Yogurt In Wasc?

Baking By sinstl Updated 25 Apr 2009 , 11:25pm by luv2cook721

sinstl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sinstl Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 11:15pm
post #1 of 5

I was going to make a WASC but - no sour cream. I do have plain fat free yogurt, do you think I could use that in place of sour cream? It's the "fat free" part that has me concerned.
Thanks!

4 replies
redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 1:51am
post #2 of 5

I've done it, and didn't have a problem.

sinstl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sinstl Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 2:28am
post #3 of 5

Thank you! *skipping off to bake a cake*

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:48pm
post #4 of 5

Hi all, okay i hope this dosent sound stupid. I am new to this site and cake deocrating. I have seen it on alot of postings, what is WASC?

luv2cook721 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cook721 Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 11:25pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredNavyChief

Hi all, okay i hope this dosent sound stupid. I am new to this site and cake deocrating. I have seen it on alot of postings, what is WASC?

WASC is White Almond Sour Cream cake. The recipe is found under the recipe tab. It starts with a box mix that you add extra flour, sugar and sour cream too. You also add your flavoring. The recipe is very easy and turns out great. It is also very flexible, you start with what ever flavor cake you want and you can use what ever flavorings you like to come up with a variety of tastes. I just started making it and I love it.

I was wondering about using low fat products, I was afraid the lack of fat would affect the finished product. Good to know that you have had luck with fat free yogurt.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%