We Ruined Your Kids Birthday....

Business By barbaranoel Updated 20 May 2009 , 5:50pm by Sweetmaker

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 1 May 2009 , 8:24pm
post #91 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

sarahpierce, totally OT but who is Sarah Kane? I'm lovin' that quote. icon_smile.gif

She's just a little girl. Not sure what the orgin is. But she has it all figured out. icon_wink.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 2 May 2009 , 10:48pm
post #92 of 94

UNREAL!

Jen icon_smile.gif

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 3 May 2009 , 2:10am
post #93 of 94

WIC is a nutrition based program, not necessarily based on income. The premise is if children are getting sound nutrition in the early stages, they will be healthier later on.

That is why people are able to purchase only certain foods. ie: real fruit juice, not fake, real cheese, not processed cheese food. The cashiers must be very careful because if the store allows the non accepted foods, WIC will dis-allow it on the invoice and dock the store the money.

WIC actually teaches people how to freeze and store their purchases so they will not run out mid month.

WIC is Federally funded, but State implemented.

Sweetmaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetmaker Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:50pm
post #94 of 94

Wow this was a long one!

Back to the op I am also working in the bakery of a grocery chain. I am amazed that your "manager" bought that one!

Just last night I over heard my night managers discussing how the managers don't get enough training Ha! that made me laugh.

Ok so here is what bothers me about this...
how did the customer figure that a missing border for a cake would ruin her child's birthday and "Cost" 7.99?

the wages of the decorator for 1 hour are more than the cost of the border
the cost of the decopac or bakerycraft kit is 5 bucks at my store that is more than the cost of the icing used for a border?????

grocery store can eat that 7.99 at no real loss but what it does for the rest of us is higher prices over all to cover crap like this.

anyway why would your manager cave and give her that much refund for pennies in icing????

we get these kind of customers all the time its crazy. at least I remind myself of all the great customers that I have and it makes this job less of a pain.

Sweet Maker/Gwen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%