Baby Rump Cake

Decorating By RetiredNavyChief Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 6:08pm by RetiredNavyChief

RetiredNavyChief Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a baby rump cake. First time i might add. My question is any suggestions as how to form the feet? I am using twinkies for the legs. Any suggestion would help. Thank you and I am new to this cake decorating. My mom got me started.

5 replies
KerriSue Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:57pm
post #2 of 6

I have made a couple of these cakes. I use rice crispie treats to mold the feet and then covered in fondant. I rolled little balls of fondant to make the toes. The legs were fondant as well. Hope this helps!!

lomfise Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:59pm
post #3 of 6

Sorry to ask what is probably a stupid question, but what is a baby rump cake? icon_confused.gif
And rice krispie treats? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif
Maybe it is just that my English is not complete, but I'm quite curious and hope someone can explain or perhaps provide a picture.

steffla Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 6

I have also made a few of these and they are so much fun! Its easier than you think! I have used rice krispies treats to make the legs and feet so I dont really know about the twinkies. But with the rkt, i always shape them a little smaller than I want them because after the fondant is on they will be larger. I use a serrated knife to 'carve' the edges of the rkt down so they are not so bumpy, then ice with buttercream and cover in a fairly thick piece of fondant. Then you can add the creases and wrinkles to make it look more realistic and roll some balls of fondant for the toes.Hope it goes well and post pics!

You can see mine in my photos, a baby rump cake with a ducky blanket on it and more recent, a baby rump cake on a stack of books cake for a bring-a-book baby shower!

RetiredNavyChief Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:04pm
post #5 of 6

heres a picture of one

RetiredNavyChief Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:08pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the replies. steffla, ive seen the one on the books, love it. I will give them a try if the twinkies dont work out. I may use them for the feet. I will definetly post some pictures, i just started doing this as a hobby.

Quote by @%username% on %date%