Virus Help

Decorating By warmvanillasugar1234 Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 8:51pm by JodieF

warmvanillasugar1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warmvanillasugar1234 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 2

Help!!!! So I was on yahoo answers looking up answers on face masks and I clicked a website that the person with an answer provided. When I clicked it, the Adobe pdf showed up out of nowhere, and now I keep getting the symantec antivirus notification popping up. It says that the virus, hacktool.rootkit, I think, was deleted and access was denied, but if it was deleted, how come it keeps popping up? Was it because of the website? I remember I used to get the notification when I went on mangafox.com too and after I stopped going on the website, I didn't get it anymore. What can i do to stop the notifications from popping up every 10 minutes?! I already erased the cookies cache and ect, scanned my computer and found no viruses, turned on the windows firewall, but what else can I do? If I don't have the virus, why does the antivirus notification keep on popping up?
Can anyone help me?
I'm so frustrated and my parents would kill me if they knew I got a virus on the computer D:

1 reply
JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 2

Could be spyware....try and download Spybot and run that. It could also be Malware. I use Malwarebytes....also free. Adaware is another good free program. I just them all.

There are viruses that put bits of themselves in your registry, so they come back every time you reboot. I'm not sure that's the case here though.

You may also want to uninstall Adobe and reinstall it after you run everything.

Jodie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%