My Daughters Birthday Cake

Decorating By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 18 Apr 2009 , 3:13am by BeeBoos-8599_

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 5

I just wanted to show you all the cake I just finished. It is for my little girl. We have a jungle theme for her party and all 20 of the stuffed Giraffes will be at her party. I have one question. I hand painted the animals with gel coloring. Do you think that if I put it in the fridge the colors will run?? *** OK, it will not let me attach it so if you would not mind, please go to my photos. it is the first cake there but the front of the cake is the 3rd picture on the page. TIA.

4 replies
Kitchen_Witch Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 5

Amazing cake!! I don't know for sure about the gel though, hopefully one of the forum regulars will know. I've only ever used gel in small amounts, like for lettering, and never had it run when put in the fridge; but I really don't know how it would react being on a vertical surface.

clovely Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 7:16pm
post #3 of 5

Sorry, I don't have an answer either. But your cake is fabulous!!

Valli_War Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 7:29pm
post #4 of 5

If you keep in the fridge and take it our atleast 3-4 hours before the party time and noone touches the cake during that period when the condensation evaporates, it should be fine. Condensation shouldn't be so much that it will start running anyway. But, if someone touches it before it has dried, it will definitely come off. If there is no perishable filling in the cake, why don't you leave it outside itself?

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 3:13am
post #5 of 5

Ok, Thanks so much! I have had fears of pulling it out and finding all of the colors run all over the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%