Ha Ha The Cake Scammer Emailed Me Again

Business By costumeczar Updated 28 May 2009 , 5:50pm by angelicconfections

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:22pm
post #1 of 37

I didn't waste my time messing with him this time, here's the email and my reply:

Hi,

I will like you to bake me a chocolate or a strawberry cake of 5 tier that can serve approximately 250 guest or more, and I want the cake to be decorated with pink roses and the cake should be covered in fondant or butter cream and let there be an inscription be writing on one of the cake as (Happy Married Life) and i want you to pack them in different boxes after ready for pick up. And I want you to have the cake ready for pick-up on 1st of May 2009, 11 o clock A.M. So let me know if you can fill in the date, once i have your reply i will forward all the details and the picture sample of the cake i will like you to bake for me. I await your reply soon..

Thanks and God bless.
Alex.

Do you want the traditional jelly rolls with the cake? Twinkleberry or toejam flavor? And you need to know in advance that I only accept payment in advance in cash from scammers, so when you pay me over the total amount so that I can pay your scammer friend shipping company make sure that it's cash. And make sure that your scammer shipping company has the styroplosion reticulating plastic shipping boxes, too. You can buy those at yourmama's house.

36 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 37

Laughing my large a$$ off as we speak....idiots!!!!!!

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 37

I'm sorry you're getting these emails - but in a strange way, I so hope they reply back.

Your reply to them was sooooo funny!!!!!

whisperingmadcow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whisperingmadcow Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 37

Is this a constant problem for you?

Alice1230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alice1230 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 37

I'd tell him not to be so bossy next time!

How many of these have you gotten? How did you know it was a scam the first time?

wendalynn11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendalynn11 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:32pm
post #6 of 37

Great response!! That was hilarious! I wonder if it is a computer generated scam or a real person. I hope you get a response!

__Jamie__ Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:33pm
post #7 of 37

Ummmm, it's really obvious that it's a scam. Look at the grammar used, the lack of punctuation, the massive spelling errors...total scam, very obvious!

__Jamie__ Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:34pm
post #8 of 37

Let's see what lse is a huge read flag...oh! Happy Married Life??? Who the hell would write that on their cake?

__Jamie__ Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:36pm
post #9 of 37

Ah, so not really any spelling errors, but I would imagine whatever langauage this scammer speaks, he plugged in the words to Babelfish, and this is how the translation came out. Completely not proper English language....kind of how I have not used proper grammar as well. Oh well. Screw those scammers! I like to mess with them!!!

costumeczar Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:39pm
post #10 of 37

Jamie, I actually saw a picture of an Asian couple posing with a wedding cake that said "Happy Married Life" on it! I just about wet myself laughing at that one! Maybe it's considered normal to do that somewhere in the world, and that's where my friend the scammer lives.

And yes, this is a constant thing. They order the cake, tell you that they'll arrange for a shipper to pick it up, then send you a check for the cost of the cake and the shipping too. They tell you to pay the shipper, then a couple of weeks later you find out from your bank that the check they sent you is fake, and the bank wants their money back. You're out the cost of the cake and the money that you paid the shipper.

For some reason they always ask for Happy Married Life written on the cake and a strawberry cake. Don't know why...

__Jamie__ Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:41pm
post #11 of 37

What sucks, is that it MUST be working on someone...how anyone can't pick up on it being a scam from the word go baffles me though. I mean.....wow.

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:42pm
post #12 of 37

I couldn't resist once after getting one of those "I've inherited billions and gazillions and need your help." I sent an interested email and after I got another response from the person, then it was like how dumb do you think people are etc...... That was before I discovered my love of cake decorating, now I don't have time to play games with themicon_wink.gif

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:44pm
post #13 of 37

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

YOU ROCK! I love your response! I can't believe the "strawberry cake Happy Married Life" cake scams. Don't scammers know that it's not even remotely believable?!

__Jamie__ Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:44pm
post #14 of 37

And after chastising these people for their horrible grammar ands spelling....look at my posts! Holy cow...I look like an idiot! I swear I type too fast and don't proofread! Grrrr!

costumeczar Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:46pm
post #15 of 37

I can't type either...I just had to retype that.

Jamie, did you make up the Twinkleberry thing, or was that someone else, I can't remember.

He hasn't written back yet, I'm sad.

luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscakes Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:46pm
post #16 of 37

I have gotten this exact same e-mail before. Was there a picture attached? (There was to mine.)
Great witty replay- love it!
When I get them I just write them saying that I have sent their e-mail to the FBI internet fraud department. (Which they really have and I really do!)

It's so irritating!

__Jamie__ Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:55pm
post #17 of 37

Scambaiters...google it, a great website for those that like to toy with these tyoe of idiots. Use an email address specifically for it, don't give personal info...have fun!!!

And no, twinkleberry and toejam was someone else...lol!

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:57pm
post #18 of 37

OMG! There is a scam for everything and these people really are idiots! LOVE the response!!

Alice1230 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:13pm
post #19 of 37

Sorry if I asked a stupid question. I get the "inherited millions" all the time. I actually got one like the op's about a fishing trip not too long ago ( we run a fishing guide service) but didn't realize til the second email what it was. We get so many emails a day I guess I was in "robot" mode just trying to get them all answered and didn't think twice about it being a scam.

and most of my posts and my emails aren't spelled correctly all the time!

Likim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Likim Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:15pm
post #20 of 37

Have you guys ever read how to scam a scammer? This website cracks me up.

http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:19pm
post #21 of 37

So I have a completely resonable solution for all this, refer the scammer to Joseph at "Totally Caked Up". Joseph will be happy to make the cake and arrange for transportation. If it doesn't work out with Joseph, Dixie would be happy to make the cake.

Alaskahsm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alaskahsm Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:20pm
post #22 of 37

I remember getting a phone call from the "irs" one year, telling me that I was suppose to get more of a refund than I got. They then proceeded to tell me they needed my SSN for verification. I told them How dumb do you think I am? They still tried to convince me that they were legit until I hung up on them.

Alice1230 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:25pm
post #23 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouchet82

So I have a completely resonable solution for all this, refer the scammer to Joseph at "Totally Caked Up". Joseph will be happy to make the cake and arrange for transportation. If it doesn't work out with Joseph, Dixie would be happy to make the cake.

I like this idea!!!

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:27pm
post #24 of 37
Quote:
Quote:

I couldn't resist once after getting one of those "I've inherited billions and gazillions and need your help." I sent an interested email and after I got another response from the person, then it was like how dumb do you think people are etc...... That was before I discovered my love of cake decorating, now I don't have time to play games with themicon_wink.gif

I would get that one all the time and they always say not to talk to anyone about it. I responded with an email with my lawyers name and office number and then frowarded it to the FBI. There was also a scam using an actual FBI agents name and it was posted on the FBI website as a scam because it convinced a lot of people. I honestly don't trust emails or phone calls anymore. I argued with an "agent" at my cc company because she said I had to make a payment over the phone and I told her I was in the area of and I was going to make an in store payment and she started arguing with me. I made my payment before I hung up with her and told her to wait for the update because it was just paid and she hung up on me. Scammers are everywhere. Be careful. They can access your information in ways that you wouldn't expect. I heard of colleges and doctors out here having someone hack into their copy machines and steal info that way. It's scary.

Tortess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tortess Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:50pm
post #25 of 37

Maybe you should just refer them to dsevans. They probably don't bank at the same bank.

costumeczar Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:58pm
post #26 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortess

Maybe you should just refer them to dsevans. They probably don't bank at the same bank.

hahahahahaha!

But would I have to give the ring back too?

Tortess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tortess Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 7:06pm
post #27 of 37

No, you don't have to give the ring back, because it's just an imaginary ring!

I'm sorry - I should not have said that. But I'm pretty irritated over the whole thing.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 8:27pm
post #28 of 37

LOL! This response is classic! Thanks for the laugh!!!!! icon_smile.gif

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 9:06pm
post #29 of 37

LMAO! dsevans & Joseph! LUV IT!!!!!!

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 9:30pm
post #30 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

And yes, this is a constant thing. They order the cake, tell you that they'll arrange for a shipper to pick it up, then send you a check for the cost of the cake and the shipping too. They tell you to pay the shipper, then a couple of weeks later you find out from your bank that the check they sent you is fake, and the bank wants their money back. You're out the cost of the cake and the money that you paid the shipper.

For some reason they always ask for Happy Married Life written on the cake and a strawberry cake. Don't know why...

OMG!!! I have a fridge that I was selling here locally on craigslist. I received an email just like this asking me if they can send a check with the cost of the fridge and the cost of the shipping company. I'm so glad I didn't fall for it. I told them I would only sell face to face and it's CASH ONLY. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with it. You had a great response, though. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%