Please Help....

Decorating By Creative_chika Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 5:26am by xstitcher

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:11am
post #1 of 3

I want to use this buttercream, but I'm not sure if I just mix everything together at the same time, if anything needs to be heated.... No clue... Can someone help??? I am going to wait until the morning to make the buttercream for the cakes. Oh, and while I'm posting this... It is good to use crusting buttercream with MMF/Fondant??? Or is there another recipe I should use???

Crusting Buttercream - (MacsMom)
1-1/3 c hi-ratio shortening
2 lbs PS
1/4 c flour
2 T cornstarch
1 t salt
2 T meringue powder
1 c vanilla flavored coffee creamer
2 T corn syrup
3 T butter flavor

2 replies
LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:16am
post #2 of 3

Crusting buttercream is perfect for MMF. I've never made this recipe, but I usually cream the shortening with the flavorings and liquids - then add the dry ingredients last (sifted together) and mix on low until smooth. Should work for this recipe - except you might want to add the corn syrup last.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:26am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative_chika

I want to use this buttercream, but I'm not sure if I just mix everything together at the same time, if anything needs to be heated.... No clue... Can someone help??? I am going to wait until the morning to make the buttercream for the cakes. Oh, and while I'm posting this... It is good to use crusting buttercream with MMF/Fondant??? Or is there another recipe I should use???

Crusting Buttercream - (MacsMom)
1-1/3 c hi-ratio shortening
2 lbs PS
1/4 c flour
2 T cornstarch
1 t salt
2 T meringue powder
1 c vanilla flavored coffee creamer
2 T corn syrup
3 T butter flavor

I haven't seen this recipe before and don't want to steer you wrong so by best advise would be to PM MacsMom and ask her directly. As for the fondant ? - yes you can use it with crusting b/c.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%