Color Scheme... Help!

Decorating By sugarmamma03 Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 2:46pm by sugarmamma03

sugarmamma03 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 2:59am
post #1 of 5

I have a big birthday cupcake order next week. The lady who ordered it told me the colors that she will be decorating with, but left it up to me to decide the colors for the frosting, etc.
I will be making half of the cupcakes chocolate and the other half lemon. The icing will be cream cheese and on top will be monograms- some will be circles with a "30", some will be circles with an "A" and the rest will be flowers.
THe cake for the top of the cupcake tower will be chocolate fondant with a big 30 monogram. I need ideas on the color scheme of the big monogram, the icing and the cupcake monograms and flowers.
The colors she will be using are: (I can choose any combination and I don't have to use all of them)
lime green
fushia pink
orange
yellow
white

I know that those are some bright colors, and I am having a hard time figuring out which go best together and what would tie in best with the chocolate fondant.
If you have any ideas, I'd LOVE to hear them!! THanks!!

4 replies
Alice1230 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 3:03am
post #2 of 5

I personally love lime green and hot pink together....totally cute.

Pink and brown/chocolate are also a popular combination, so maybe use a pink monogram on the chocolate fondant

KrissieCakes Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 3:07am
post #3 of 5

My brother's wedding was all done in chocolate with lime and hot pink accents. It was so beautiful!!! So I vote pink and green!!!

lainvest64 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 3:46am
post #4 of 5

Chocolate with pink and lime are really pretty together.

sugarmamma03 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 2:46pm
post #5 of 5

THanks for the help! Chocolate fondant, lime green and fushia pink it is!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%