How Do You Handle This?

Business By KookieKris Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 12:21pm by KookieKris

KookieKris Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 1:04am
post #1 of 3

Hi All!
I have a woman who has ordered numerous times for me before (nice BIG orders I might add). She's a pleasure to work for and is always very "generous" at the end. She's one of many who have asked how to go about "tipping" me. Most of my customers use PayPal and there's not an option for this on there (atleast that I know of) and it always winds up being an uncomfortable situation for me. I don't want to seem greedy and too eager to receive a tip because they're already paying me for my services.
What do you say ~ how do you handle this situation ~ what's the "professional" thing to do? I think last time she wound up mailing me extra money for a tip which was really awesome, but at the same time I felt bad that she had to track me down in order to give me the money because I didn't want to be tacky and send her my address, number and any other necessary information to get more money.

Thanks!!

2 replies
indydebi Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 1:58am
post #2 of 3

I just tell them "I don't expect a tip, so I don't know what to tell you."

As far as "tracking you down", do you give them a business card with each order? With your address on the card, they can do whatever they want, whenever they want.

KookieKris Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 12:21pm
post #3 of 3

Hi indy!
Yeah, I do have business cards, but they don't have my address, just my phone number and e-mail address.
She lives near me and saw my business sign in my yard, which is how she found me in the first place.
Thanks for the advice!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%