Pregnant Bride

Decorating By whitet4 Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 1:29am by Michelle104

whitet4 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 9

Ok here is what I've been given.
This 3 tier cake seems simple enough although I'm not really sure what tip to use??? My step brother also wants a gumpaste topper of him holding him pregnant wife's belly. I have done some figures, but never of people. Where do I even start?

8 replies
whitet4 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 10:30pm
post #2 of 9

pic
LL

paula1234 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 9

I have just recently started figure modelling. I really love it. I bought all of aine2's tutorials. They were a great help. Forgot what her website is. but you can google lorraine Mckay, and go from there. I also buy clay modelling books, just subsitute fondant or gumpaste for the clay. good luck

whitet4 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks!! She's actually how I learned to make a teddy bear she is soooo great. Does anyone know if she has a DVD out or do you just have to purchase her tutorials online?

josumiko Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 11:02pm
post #5 of 9

She actually has quite a few videos on youtube. Don't know if any of them have people modeling, but you can check there if you haven't already.

sweetiesbykim Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 11:05pm
post #6 of 9

Looks like all round tips, of various sizes.
Sorry, I've never done figure modeling icon_sad.gif

2txmedics Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 11:10pm
post #7 of 9

I shop all over when I look for cake items....Go see in the clay department, and soap departments at Michaels and Hobby Lobby there they have books on figures for clay figures...I love them.

sweetjan Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 11:24pm
post #8 of 9

Paula1234 is right, aine2 walks you through modeling step by step. She has a tutorial on a woman, if you want to buy just that one and not the bears, etc. right now. I don't remember the exact price, but it wasn't that bad, as I recall. Also, you can print out the tutorial and have it available for yourself forever! And yeah, clay modeling books are usually really well laid out with step-by-step.
Post a pic!

Michelle104 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 1:29am
post #9 of 9

extraicingonthecake.com is Aine's blog site. It's awesome. There are all sorts of little extras on there and lots of tutorials!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%