Cake Freshness???

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 3:40pm by Mikel79

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 10:14pm
post #1 of 5

Hi All!

I have a cake that I froze that is currently defrosting still wrapped. I have a 8" and 6" cake that is wrapped in saran wrap 3 times over. Then they are wrapped again with Glad-Press and Seal. They are also wrapped 3 time over in aluminum foil. I took them out of the freezer Tuesday Night (April 14). I plan on icing and stacking on Friday night. The party is sunday afternoon.

The time of the party changed at the last minute on me. My cakes are still wrapped as noted above. Will they still be ok wrapped until I unwrap them Friday??? Should they stay fresh???

Any suggestions are appreciated....

4 replies
niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 10:52pm
post #2 of 5

I have frozen a cake and thawed it 2 weeks later and it's still tasted fresh. and I don't wrap it nearly as much as you do.

pennywells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pennywells Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 5

I have frozen cakes and had them in the freezer for several weeks. I only put 3 layers of saran wrap on mine and have had no problems. The moisture from the thawing of the cakes will stay locked into the cake if you do not unwrap them. They will stay fresh and moist until Sunday.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 11:45pm
post #4 of 5

.........wrapped in saran wrap 3 times over. Then they are wrapped again with Glad-Press and Seal. They are also wrapped 3 time over in aluminum foil...........

Hon, that much wrapping is *overkill*! LOL. There is no need for that much.
Take the foil off and they will be just fine.

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you for the help!!!

I LOVE this site....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%