Do You Prefer 2" Or 3" High Pans And Why?

Decorating By The_Sugar_Fairy Updated 16 Apr 2009 , 10:16pm by bashini

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 9:54pm
post #1 of 5

I'm having some trouble baking a 6 x 3" high cake today and I'm not sure why. I used Wilton bake even strips and a Wilton pan. It took ten minutes longer than the directions said it would on the pan and then the inside was still a bit uncooked. I'm just wondering if 3" high pans are harder to bake with perhaps.

4 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 10:00pm
post #2 of 5

Hi there, all my cake pans are 3" high. I like to bake in them because you can bake it in one go. Then you have to do is torte and fill.

When I'm baking I use wet towel method, instead of bake even strips and also use flower nail method.
icon_smile.gif

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 5

what's the wet towel method? I've tried the flower nail before. Have you ever had problems with real small 6" cakes though?

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 10:03pm
post #4 of 5

you have to use more than one even strip when working with 3" high pans. it doesn't matter to me which one...as long as you use a flower nail for the 3' pans and even strips or whatever other method...both pans do well.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 10:16pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sugar_Fairy

what's the wet towel method? I've tried the flower nail before. Have you ever had problems with real small 6" cakes though?

That is, using a towel that you not using much, cut it to the hieght and the width of the pan and soak it nin water and take excess water off. Then after putting your batter in the pan, cover around the tin with the towel.

I even have baked 5" cakes as well! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%