Question About Cookies/chocolate

Baking By CMBX2MOM Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 11:55am by GeminiRJ

CMBX2MOM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMBX2MOM Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 2

So for a pre-wedding surprise gift for my future sister in law, I'm going to make some of the wedding cake cookies for their rehersal dinner. I've seen topics involving fondant, rbc, and RI, but haven't found anything about dipping the whole cookie in chocolate? I did this for my kids daycare a while back and they are so good. But I wasn't trying to formally decorate them. Has anyone done this? The one issue I did notice before was that the chocolate was pretty thick on the cookie even if I tried to let it "run off". I used lollipop sticks for them too, which I'm not planning on for this. Should I just try to make the chocolate thinner with corn syrup or something? I'll be using the chocolate wafers melted in a microwave. Any pics, websites, tips????

1 reply
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 11:55am
post #2 of 2

I did this with a cookie that I stuck into the top of a cake as the topper. It's in my photos...two tier chocolate cake with a heart cookie, pink CandyMelt hearts, pink cornelli lace. I remember the cookie tasted pretty good! I just melted the CandyMelts, didn't add anything to thin it. It was pretty messy, so be forewarned!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%