Is This For Real?

Decorating By sweet1122 Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 7:15am by ceshell

sweet1122 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 17

Does anyone have this and does it really work? Any negatives? I'm kind of in awe and disbelief right now.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015TMHFG/?tag=cakecentral-20

16 replies
chelleb1974 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 17

I'd love to know too, I want one soooo bad but don't want to waste my money on it.

Edited to add:
Just noticed they have it for the 5qt tilt head mixer. I have a 4.5qt tilt head, anyone think there would be a problem with using in it mine?

emrldsky Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 17

Love it! There are some videos on youtube demonstrating how they work. SeriousCakes also have a video using it too.

icon_smile.gif

pattycakesnj Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 17

love it, love it. It is great, very little need to scrape sides of bowl. I have had it only for a couple of months, wish I had it sooner. SO WORTH THE $

pattycakesnj Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 17

also, make sure you get the right one for your model of KA, they are different depending on the size of bowl and whether it is tilt or arm lift

eneq Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:06pm
post #6 of 17

i have it and i love not having to stop and scrape the bowl. i have used it for cakes and frosting. it definitely does the job!

cupcakemkr Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:15pm
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleb1974

I'd love to know too, I want one soooo bad but don't want to waste my money on it.

Edited to add:
Just noticed they have it for the 5qt tilt head mixer. I have a 4.5qt tilt head, anyone think there would be a problem with using in it mine?

chelle - they make it for the 4.5qt tilt head mixer too. I have it and it works wonderfully, almost too good, you don't have to mix for as long a time as you normally do.

where are you in MA, I'd be happy to let you test drive mine on your mixer if your close by (wilmington)

Anntee Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 9:08pm
post #8 of 17

Edited to add:
Just noticed they have it for the 5qt tilt head mixer. I have a 4.5qt tilt head, anyone think there would be a problem with using in it mine?[/quote]

There is also the same paddle available for the 4.5 qt. Check Google for sellers. HTH icon_biggrin.gif

Anntee Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 9:12pm
post #9 of 17

"where are you in MA, I'd be happy to let you test drive mine on your mixer if your close by (wilmington)"

Hey cupcakemakr I used to live in Burlington! We were neighbors once! and now we're cyber-neighbors, right? lol icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

sweetiesbykim Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 9:23pm
post #10 of 17

WOW!! Thanks so much for your great reviews! It will definitely move to the #1 spot on my "need to buy" list icon_biggrin.gif

nancyg Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 9:28pm
post #11 of 17

Hi, I have been wanting one also. I did talk to someone who has one and she loves it. Said she doesnt have to scrap the bowl down hardly at all.

nancyg

lostincake Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 9:34pm
post #12 of 17

I had never seen such a thing...now another item to place on my wish list LOL!

**edited to add**

Thanks for sharing sweet1122!

CanadianChick Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 9:48pm
post #13 of 17

I've been eyeing those too - since seeing it on SeriousCakes' YouTube.

For Canadians, Golda's Kitchen sells them.

diane Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 10:41pm
post #14 of 17

wow...about time they come up with something to scrape the sides of the bowl...saves a lot of time! icon_smile.gif

sweet1122 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 1:40am
post #15 of 17

Thanks you guys! I had never heard of this before and wasn't sure it was for real or not. I'm glad to hear it's for real and I can't wait to put it to work. Maybe there really is something to help making buttercream a little easier. thumbs_up.gif

JulyMama Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:20am
post #16 of 17

I just ordered mine, I have only used it once (I just got it on Monday) but it's fantastic! I am in Canada and ordered it from Cayne's Housewares, it was $29.99, after tax and shipping it was $43 and I got it in about a week.
If you go to www.beaterblade.com there is a list of retailers and online retailers and you can search by country. There was only a couple for canada and Cayne's was the cheapest.

Check out this video, it's a side by side comparison of the KA flat beater and the beater blade. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_lSWHgVZEA&feature=related

ceshell Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 7:15am
post #17 of 17

Yep, lots of CCers use it, you can search the forums for "beater blade" (but you'd better choose "all words" or else you'll get a zillion results.) I got mine a few months ago after reading about it here thumbs_up.gif. Love it, it works great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%