Help!!!!!!!! Fanci Fountain Won't Work!

Decorating By jennianne Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 12:29am by indydebi

jennianne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennianne Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:38pm
post #1 of 6

I have a bride/groom who asked for a fountain...I bought the Fanci Fountain and it didn't work so I took it back. Got another...it doesn't work! What am I doing wrong?????? The motor runs, but no water comes up at all! Not even a gurgle!

5 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 6

How much water are you putting in it? I remember the first time I used a fountain (1970-something) and it made this god-awful noise!!! Turned out that what I did was fill it to the "full" line, THEN turn it on. There wasn't enough water in it. I should have kept putting water in while it was running so it was at the "full" line while it was running.

2nd thought is that you are missing something in the assembly. Is everything turned the right way? No missed rubber pieces or plastic pieces?

jennianne Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 6

So are you saying that you turned it on empty and added water? I have tried with full, partially full, just a little water. Even when I don't put on the tiers, nothing happens. All the pieces are there too...

indydebi Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 12:19am
post #4 of 6

no, never turn it on empty. Put a LOT of water in it. Fill it up. You probably don't have enough water to push it thru the system. Fill it up ... turn it on ... add more water if needed.

jennianne Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 12:21am
post #5 of 6

I filled it to the top...no action! How long do you wait for it to kick in?

indydebi Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 12:29am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennianne

I filled it to the top...no action! How long do you wait for it to kick in?

It's immediate. Sounds like it's an assembly issue, then, or you are in the middle of a bad batch of fountains!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%